Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I just replaced my front left hub. 2002 2WD and everything came apart pretty easily. So, I change the hub, take it for a test drive and still the same noise! When I hear the roar/hum it sounds like it has to be coming from the left side. I bought the hub off of ebay from Time Auto Parts...
  2. H

Ball Joints??

I think I am ready to start this project, I just need to find some cheaper ball joints. The cheapest I can find is about $22and according to you guys there are cheaper ones than that. Can you direct me to a site that has them any cheaper? Thanks!
  3. H

Ball Joints??

You bought the ball joints for $8? On carparts.com they have them for $30,$40,& $50! They are the Moog. Are these just a great brand? Can I get some at a regular parts store like auto zone? So I can use just a regular c-clamp instead of a c-clip plier? And I have the Haynes manual so I will...
  4. H

Ball Joints??

Sorry, more questions! Not to sound stupid but what is a c-clip plier and where can I get one? Another thing I was looking on carparts.com at the balljoints and couldn't figure out which ones to get. There are about three different Moog ones for the 4x4. I don't see the difference between the...
  5. H

anyone having problems with explorer front ends?

This is the same thing that mine is doing. I have the skyjacker 2in. lift and and have had it alligned about 3 times but I finally figured out if the ball joints are worn, it can't be alligned correctly. That is the reason I am tring to figure out how to change my own ball joints. This the only...
  6. H

Ball Joints??

Do I need to get a special tool to actually pop the old joint out? I am starting to get a little confident, but I will probably get it half-way apart and screw something up?HAHA Anyway, is there anything major I could totally mess up? I don't wanna sound like I am not capable of doing this...
  7. H

Ball Joints??

I have the Haynes Manual, is that enough info to do the job? How many hours are we talkin to do upper and lower on both sides? What other than normal tools will I need?
  8. H

Installing Clear Corners???

Thanks that did help, guess I just missed them the first 5 times! Thanks!
  9. H

Ball Joints??

Oh, so you don't have to take your whole X to the shop just the place the ball joints are located? Could a drive way mechanic do this? I am not that experienced but I know pretty much what I am doing.
  10. H

Installing Clear Corners???

You can have clear or amber to the front only to be legal. I am open to others opinions but I have found that at Autodynamic.com they have the front parking light bulbs that are superwhite (#3157 for mine) and they offer Polarg corner light bulbs (#168 for my vehicle) that are legal and give...
  11. H

Mickey Baja Belted

How many miles have you gone on yours? I have gone about 25k and have maybe 5k left. It has been 2 yrs almost time for some new ones. I am running 31x11.50
  12. H

Ball Joints??

2T727 So you bought new ball joints and took the old ones out yourself, upper and lower? When you say pressing the new ones in, did you take it to a shop and let them do it? How did you get your truck to the shop with no ball joints? Sorry for all the questions, I would really love to do...
  13. H

Rancho 5000

Where is the cheapest place that I can get these shocks? Thanks!
  14. H

Sky Jacker 2" lift for 91-94 4x4

I also want to mention that my front tires are getting worn out on the inside faster than the rest of the tire. Does this have to do with the ball joints being worn? I have had the toe in adjusted so I don't think that is the problem.
  15. H

Clear Corners

Where is the cheapest place to get the clear corners for a '93? The cheapest price I have seen is $81.
  16. H

That must be it then, I have thought about replacing the ball joints because, isn't it true that you can't get your explorer alligned if the ball joints are worn out? How much for the balljoints to be replaced? I want to get mine to ride alot better b/c it gets annoying to drive sometimes.
  17. H

You haven't replaced the ball joints or radius arms or anything? Mine really doesn't ride anything like a car. I have the Rancho 5000, too. Why i mine so bad?! What size tires do you have? I have 31x11.50 Mickey Thompsons with ten inch rims.
  18. H

Does anybody have this lift with the springs and add-a-leafs? I was just wondering if yours rides as crappy as mine. Mine jerks from side to side sometimes and it won't drive straight sometimes(tried an allignment). I haven't replaced any susupension parts, maybe I should. But I was just...
  19. H

Noise when changing tracks!

I do have a pretty cheap amp but it has worked fine until lately it probably is my RCA wires I will check that. Thanks for the info!!
  20. H

F-150 crash test

I think if you did 5 crash test, you would get 5 different test results. This F-150 just happened to be the one that wasn't so lucky.
  21. H

Noise when changing tracks!

When I change tracks on my cd player there is a low mumbling bass sound that comes out of my subs. It's like you can hear the cd player laser actually moving from track 2 track and the sound is coming out my subs. It has just started doing this. What could it be??
  22. H

Radio removal

Thank You!
  23. H

Radio removal

Where do I get the tool to get the stock radio out of my explorer?
  24. H

Anyone ever had sunroof problems ???

I have the same thing on my '93 xlt and mine is now leaking pretty bad, it smells very bad in there. The seats and the headliner are pretty wet. I even had duck tape all around the sunroof this time but the water still found a way in, don't know what to do but it is very annoying!
  25. H

EXPLORER RECALL?!!????

Did anyone see the Car & Driver blow out test on T.V. They did a blow out test on a '94 Explorer. What they did was simulate a blow out a different speeds all the way up to 70mph. The end result was not the Explorer because it passed the test perfectly. On every blow out it steared perfectly...
Back