Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2003 XLT Air Bag & Advance Trac

My 2003 155K mile Explorer XLT keeps showing 2 different issues on the Dash cluster. Air bag symbol keeps lighting up solid on Dash cluster.Can't get it to turn off.It used to Flash,now it's solid. "AdvanceTrac Activated" symbol is now starting to show up on the dash also.I never activated...
  2. S

AirBag Light Mean?

My 2003 Explorer XLT just started flashing it's air bag light last week..Now it's on solid and on all the time.Any ideas why & how to diagnose @ home? Never had an accident,and hasn't had any service done in that area recently.Thank you for any help.
  3. S

WTB 2003 Ford Explorer Cargo Shade Cover

I've got one in Med. Dark Parchment.Part # 5L247845440AA3BJ4 The ends are perfect,and not broken off like so many have by now.
  4. S

2003 factory XLT running board(s).

I have a pair of these if your still looking,contact me at REDL78@JUNO.COM Beautiful pair of OEM assembly line Ford Explorer Running Boards. These fit the years 2002 2003 2004 2005 and each side is 77" long. They come with all their mounting hardware needed to attach. Plastic is nearly brand...
  5. S

For Sale 3 Chrome Limited 17" Rims w/Tires

I believe they will fit your '93. SOLD
  6. S

Antenna Removal

Thank you!
  7. S

Roof Rack & Antenna removal

Thank you both..much appreciated!
  8. S

H.I.D. simulating bulb test and review..

What do you guys mean when you say "kit"? I would like to convert my stock headlamps to Xenon bulbs,so isn't it just 2 bulbs to replace? What exactly is included in these "kits",and are they necessary? Thanks..
  9. S

Lower protective door trim removal

Thanks..I'll post pics shortly.
  10. S

Roof Rack & Antenna removal

2 part question. I'm looking for a cleaner look on my 03. 1)If I remove my factory roof luggage rack,what do others do to hide/plug the old mounting holes? I installed the old bolts afterwards and you can still see them protruding a bit out the roof.I was hoping for a more flush/concealed...
  11. S

Antenna Removal

I would like to remove the stock mast fender antenna,for a cleaner look.Is there an alternative that I can turn to for as good reception but not as noticeable? Hoping to mount something inside the vehicle or hidden elsewhere to continue to get great reception as before. Thanks for any replies..
  12. S

I want to paint mine,and thought it would be easier to remove & then paint.The fact that I can not remove them as easily as I was hoping,and that you both say they are held on with very strong tape,makes me rethink this and just paint them in place. Thanks guys..
  13. S

On a 2003 4 dr.Explorer,how do you remove the exterior lower door plastic protective panels? I see each one has a leading edge lip that bends up under the bottom of each metal door itself,but I can't get those to release.Are there grommets holding the panel to the outside of each door on the...
  14. S

Exterior lower door trim removal

On a 2003 4 dr.Explorer,how do you remove the lower door plastic protective panels? I see each one has a leading edge lip that bends up under the bottom of each metal door itself,but I can't get those to release.Is there a grommet holding the panel to the outside of each door on the other side...
  15. S

Torque Converter repair cost

The Torque converter on my 03 V8 was rattling last month under acceleration w/128K miles. The previous owner thought it was the catalytic converter heat shield rattling/vibrating.. Atomic Transmission here in town diagnosed some fins had let loose on the T/converter and were the cause.They...
  16. S

Cargoshade Q?

I just saw these replies today,and see it was deleted from Clist...What was it & how much? Not sure why I wasn't notifed by email of the responses here..
  17. S

PCV removal in 4.6L 2003 XLT

I found it,but it looks like they actually made it part of the valve cover.. How does one remove the PCV valve themself?
  18. S

Try new headlights and lens.

Great tip..I am considering polishing my 03 clear stock lenses as well,but would like to buy brand new clean ones instead.Mine are really chipped/scratched. Where do you recommend buying new from? Thanks..
  19. S

High-mileage Explorers - going to be a problem?

I recently bought a used 03 XLT with 128K miles & the 2" trailer towing packg. When I test drove it,the owner said that vibration noise I'm hearing is the catalytic converter shield rattling..It drove perfectly,accept for that annoying noise.I knew better,and suspected a transmission...
  20. S

Sun Fade on black plastic

I saw that,and might I add that two piece compilments you well.. Thanks guys,this is all very informative & helps me alot. Rick
Back