Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1st Gen 2wd to 95-97 Ranger Brake Upgrade Using 12" Sport Trac Rotors

The spindles won't be the same, but by all means, take a trip to the junkyard and compare some.
  2. B

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

Nevermind. I've given up on the factory ammeter and I'm sending it out to Rocketman to be converted to a voltmeter.
  3. B

Aluminum Radiator

Did anyone ever have any luck with these? I know the trans cooler line adapters were an ongoing problem. I wonder if anyone found a solution for that?
  4. B

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

With this sweet rig, you seem the the guy to ask about my problem. Swapped a 92 T-Bird 5.0 in to my 87 Ranger. Much the same harness as your BII.. The only factory gauge I can't get to work is the ammeter. Nothing I've tried will make it show that it's charging. It does show when it's...
  5. B

I ended up making my own set of caliper relocation brackets for using the Sport Trac rotors on the 95-97 Ranger spindles/beams. I basically duplicated what I saw in this thread. One thing I noticed that wasn't mentioned here was the fact that you'll have to grind down your steering stops on the...
  6. B

When you were grinding down the spindle and the caliper bracket, what size of stock did you bolt on to keep your grinding square? GB :)
  7. B

Miles on your rig with timing chain rattle

Bought my 2001 Ranger with 52,000 miles and it rattled. I now have 181,000 and it still rattled, until today. It always rattled around 2400-2600rpm up through somewhere around 3600rpm or so. I noticed today that the rattle was completely gone, all day. I had to pull out in front of some traffic...
  8. B

Coilover Conversion and Superlift Kit - Cancelled

How harsh is the ride on the street?
  9. B

I was thinking 800lb springs as I saw some other guys saying that their 750lb springs eventually sagged enough to where they had to use too much of the coilover threads. But then some other people have said that 800lb'ers were too stiff on the street. So I'm still deciding on that. Thanks for...
  10. B

2001 Ranger 4.0sohc 4x4 with a 115lb bumper, 100+lb winch, and a 50+lb skid-plate.
  11. B

Would you sell the coilover bracket kit with the gussets, spacers, bolts and hardware, as a package? I'd have to order my own coilover shocks with heavier springs anyway. GB :)
  12. B

98+ Double cardon conversion front drive shaft

Got the driveshaft today. All is well. Thanks! GB :)
  13. B

Paypal payment sent. I sure hope this thing fits without modifying it. lol (crap, I'm gonna have to modify it lol)
  14. B

PM returned. Consider it sold.
  15. B

This guy won't answer any private messages for some reason. GB :)
  16. B

Did you get my PM? I'd like to call dibs on this but have one or two questions.
  17. B

99 Explorer SAS D30

An adapter plate can be machined pretty easily to change that electric shift transfer case to a standard u-joint style front driveshaft.. Or, if my memory serves me, you can change the output shaft on the case to one from an older case with the u-joint driveshaft, making it (front shaft) a bolt...
  18. B

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

Honestly, I see either method working. Myself, I'd try the RTV first. Grease or vaseline would just make the seal more slippery, allowing the spring to work itself off during installation even easier. It wouldn't be re-engineering the seal, as it would still be able to do it's job as intended...
  19. B

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

When installing a new outer oil seal in the diff casing, why not take the new seal and apply a bead of RTV over the inner spring, making sure to cover the spring to join it to the rubber of the seal, and let it dry overnight. That'd keep the inner spring from popping of into the diff case upon...
  20. B

aussie locker xd-13535

Same here. I'm looking to get one. I figure some business somewhere has to have a couple still laying around.. Anyone have any leads?? PM me if you do please! GB :)
  21. B

2003 Ford Explorer Dies When stopping or at idle

I've been having the same problem on my Ranger. Already cleaned the IAC. I'm lost.. You ever figure this out? GB :)
  22. B

4" superlift knuckles

The ad is dead so new people here can't see any price.. Just a heads up. GB :)
  23. B

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

All sources for the brackets are gone now from what I've gathered, right? ORW has quit making their kits. Anyone know of any different suppliers? GB :)
Back