Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Wheel Painting

I have a tan 96 explorer with the teardrop alloys, im think about painting them all black. would that look good? different blacks- powdercoat, etc.? how would i got about doing this what shud i get?
  2. S

what happened to my seat belt?

So my seat belt like doesn't work anymore. I put it in the hole and it just comes out. It appears that the spring device that holds the button up is no longer operational as the button is constantly suppressed as if it were being pushed. Has anyone else had this problem and is so how did you fix...
  3. S

shaking ride

My explorer steering wheel kinda rocks back and forth as i drive and at speed over 60 the truck shakes alot. I just got an alignment done so i dont think its that. It could be tires or maybe steering stabilizer... can anyone help me?
  4. S

stereo wiring harness???

Yes get the one on amazon that one works the walmart one doesnt. www.amazon.com/Stereo-Harness-Explorer-wiring-installation/dp/B000KL0LVW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291141886&sr=8-2 But after that you will have to connect the blue wire to the amp turn on wire i think... i quite remember but theres...
  5. S

How to install an aftermarket deck into a 1995-1997 Ex with external amp

ill take that as a no... i was just worried i might blow a fuse
  6. S

How to install an aftermarket deck into a 1995-1997 Ex with external amp

Do you guys think i need to disconnect my battery before i connect the Remote Amp Turn-On wire to the Power antenna wire?
  7. S

stereo wiring harness???

Thank you, how do i know which fuse is for the stereo unit, if i remember correct there are many of them, and where can i buy fuses, are there different sizes? amperages?
  8. S

stereo wiring harness???

Im pretty sure i unhooked the battery before i plugged it in. When you say check the fuses do you mean in the stereos or in the car. If in the car, are the located in the fuse panel on the driverside door? Thanks for helping me
  9. S

stereo wiring harness???

Ok so i got the correct harness and i wired it up to the headunit... when i plugged both in it would not turn on, worse yet when i plugged the stock stereo back in IT would not turn on not even the the clock... Do you guys have any idea what could have happened??
  10. S

stereo wiring harness???

so once i identify what radio i have where do i find the correct wiring harness for sale
  11. S

stereo wiring harness???

I have a 96 explorer. I bought a dual xhd 7714 for it. i got a wiring harness the says its for a explorer my year. But the wiring harness does only fits into one of the factory plug ins. the square ones don't match. the square ones are for the speakers. So i can get my head unit to work but the...
  12. S

Whistle

Yesterday i just noticed that my truck has a faint whistle whenever i give it gas. I was wondering if anyone knew what/why this is. Is this bad? how can i get this fixed??
  13. S

is this a problem

Yeah its not really that noticeable but you can see it if you look close. Does this need to be fixed?... will it effect the performance of the truck?
  14. S

is this a problem

um i didnt lower it at all or anything like that. But are you saying that its meant to be like that and its to help turning?
  15. S

is this a problem

Hey i had noticed that on my 96 explorer the front wheels, mostly the left one, tilt out at the bottom. Is this supposed to be like this. I have noticed it on many fords of this era. it doesn't seem to get any worse or unevenly wear the tires. Could it be just they was the suspension works. I...
  16. S

hood deflector

does anyone know where i can get a cheap hood deflector for my 96 explorer
  17. S

black steel wheels where?

does anyone know where i can get black steel wheels for cheap? and how my current tires get put on the rims
Back