Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I average 14-15 in town... haven't been on a long enough trip to check freeway mileage yet. Gears made a world of difference though, feels like stock with just a little more torque.
  2. 3

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Do you get contact at full sag? Im tired of blowing cv joints apart. And does anyone have some 1.75 rears for sale or can I still get them new?
  3. 3

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

I currently have a spacer lift in my 03 explorer but its the old roadbully spacers with the 2in spacers in the rear. At full sag I get contact beyween the axle and frame and has caused me to blow through 2 axle cv joints now. Do the 1.75 rear spacers have the same problem. And if not how much...
  4. 3

Leaking? Dripping on headers

I have a leak of what appears to be some clear fluid from behind the intake manifold. its dripping from what looks like the valve covers or the tube that goes out of the intake manifold down on my headers and smelling pretty bad. oil is not low. though my heater diesnt seem to be as hot as...
  5. 3

Parting out 2003 Explorer 4dr 2wd XLT

do you still have the drivers seat? specifically the bottom portion that bolts to the floor and the seat sits on the rails
  6. 3

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

SOLD! so when can i pick one of these setups up??
  7. 3

i need this in my life haha waiting on pricing as well! a few questions though at full droop do you get uca and coil contact? or is there some type of limiting strap? also what kind of travel are you getting? (inches?)
  8. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Hey i took those exact ones off my exploder about 4 years ago! and had them for sale for 6 months before i umm... "donated" them in a dumpster because i was moving. 4 years too late man! haha
  9. 3

looks awesome!! i am so in on this soon as a price comes out. nice lower bumper too. who made it?
  10. 3

What else do you 3rd Gen owners want?

A real suspension lift kit. Maybe similar to duners... Except follow through with it haha. ~6in. Coilovers in the front and a rear diff drop/frame hoops would be a.huge improvment over anything currently available. Thats where id spend my money. And possibly down the road a kit/bracketry for a...
  11. 3

swinging in for a little visit

Rear tire carrier?? im sold. been wating to.make one for quite some time but dont really have time or resources. let.me know.if anything uappens down the road
  12. 3

Diff Gears: Looking to Learn

may i ask... how did you fit these 315/75/16?? what lift setup(s) are you running? i currently have 285/75/16 but have 4.56 gears comming soonish and wouldnt mind getting 35s when i need new tires
  13. 3

K&N 57 Series FIPK Intake

i have done some incredibly unintelligent things regarding water and mud and have had zero problems with my CAI.
  14. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Morimoto Mini H1? Ive been considering this since i put in my hids but can never bring myself to buy them haha hopefully your write up finally convinces me to just buy the damn things
  15. 3

Project Lazyboy SAS...

Heyman your ex looks awesome! I wish i had the money and place to do something like that haha Did the person interested in your old diffs ever buy them if not im still interested
  16. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Sweet pics! I love playing in the snow with the exploder haha What mats are those? Ive been looking for some exactly like them
  17. 3

Dash Bezel Question

That would be a sweet swap. Not sure if you could though...
  18. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Hey how do you like those projector halo fogs? Do they have a clean cutoff and good output?the halos any good? Ive been thinking about a projector retro for my fogs with 3k hids but this would be soo much easier.
  19. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

That i do... But no more "use" for a couple weeks. Got skidplates, front struts, and a 1.5in body lift to do and i finally cleaned the mud out of places i didnt even know my exploder had haha
  20. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Whats covered in mud and leaks gas like a stuck pig? Guess cement blocks covered in mud dont mix with plastic gas tanks... thank goodness for a $15 harbor freight plastic welder. Worked great. Might be time to invest in skidplates...
  21. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thanks! Tires are 285 75 16 pep boys labled mt's on pro comp d window steelies And the lift is just strut spacers 2.25" front and 2" rear made by roadbully. I need new struts though.. Sagging really bad.
  22. 3

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Some more recent picks of the exploder My excellent parking skills Got to love muddy poll line roads and i climbed a nasty hill no problem my buddys jeep got stuck on! Proud of my exploder tonight! Haha
  23. 3

Project Lazyboy SAS...

Well let me know ill jump on those in a heartbeat haha and i bet... Im really interested to see how this goes... first of its kind that i know of. Maybe when my exploder becomes a project more than a dd ill have to use this build as a reference
  24. 3

Project Lazyboy SAS...

Ive always wanted yo see someone take on a third gen for sas! This is awesome! And you are actually doing it not just talking it over for 6 months haha you said your stock ifs and irs diffs are 4.30? Would you be looking to sell them? Id be really interested.. My 3.55s hate me for throwing 33s...
  25. 3

3rd gen Explorer Coilovers

Im excited to see some actual progress by someone! Cant wait to see how this goes!
Back