Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Transmission cpu replacement?1995 2wd explorer

ok, been told that the cpu in the transmission has failed,was wondering can it be replaced from the pan?how far down does it have to go?also does the cpu not do a self diagonstic test?The guy from the transmission shop said it is not throwing any codes,so more than likely the cpu needs...
  2. M

ok need info on 95 transm.

that helps for sure, but still do not know if I am in as a far as I need to be!?Nothing can replace exprience!going to hang it up for tonight and start fresh tommarow!thanks so much! Mwilliwood
  3. M

yes, on the pump, beyond that not so sure,
  4. M

no, to start with the shaft had like 1 1/2 beyond the outer shaft for the torque converter, now it is sticking more like 2 1/4 or so beyond the second shaft for the torque converter so my fear is it is going thru the pump but not mating to the drive on the od hub?
  5. M

front shaft - I know it goes thru the pump and into OD , But when they slide it back in it likes between 3/4" or so going to where it was at when we got the transmission- so trying to decide if it is just not going into the od gear or if it even matters over the 3/4"?
  6. M

Hi, ok dumb question but have to ask! Picked up a rebuilt trans. and had a question- the shaft that comes out is it suppose to slide in and out all the way?Never had one like that before but never done ford before!Was told that it just slides back in, but it acts like something is not ligned...
  7. M

finally getting back on the explorer!

ok another newbie question- looked at the charts, but was wondering- I have a 1995 4.0 explorer with t code transmission- can get a transmission from a 1996 ranger 4.0 with t code transmission- have not been to look at it yet as it is a good ways off- what are the chances the transmissions are...
  8. M

transmission swap-

ok got a few questions, first swaping out a trans. in 95 explorer 2wd - shows a 4r55e - found a 98 model that shows should be the same transmisison, picked it up and found there seems to be one diffrence- the 98 does not have the speed sensor/gear in the tailshaft as the 95 did, appears to be a...
  9. M

trans codes? where will the case be stamped?

ok now I am really confused as there is two lists on this forum with diffrent outcomes for a 1995 explorer 4.0?one shows an a4ld, the other a 4r44e or even maybe a 5r55e? Quess I need to pull mine before trying to find a replacement,but was wondering will the model be stamped on the trans. or...
  10. M

Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

1995 explorer trans ???? ok this lists shows 1995 as a 4r44e and 1994 as a4ld, but the other list on here shows the a4ld going thru 1995?I have a 1995 that has lost the trans, so quess I better pull the old one just to be sure?Thanks for all the info on here,I have gotten years of learning in...
Back