Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2006 explorer front drive shaft cv needs replacing

the drive shaft from transfer case to diff
  2. R

2006 explorer front drive shaft cv needs replacing

Noticed a vibration coming from under middle to front of ex, tried to find if i could replace the cv joint on this shaft but can't seem to find one, local parts stores only list whole shaft assembly, has any one just replaced cv joint or do you have to buy whole shaft assembly ?
  3. R

noise from suv starting at 50km/h

tire are new , was thinking it could be a bearing , just did the drivers front hub so i guess i do the passenger front next or is there a way of checking these units
  4. R

noise from suv starting at 50km/h

i have a noise coming from my 2006 explorer,starts at around 50km/h and goes away at about 60 km/h then comes back at 100 km/h, sounds like a vibration to tire noise, any ideas
  5. R

rear heat/ac fan not running

Just recently my rear fan stopped working, only a faint clicking noise comming from area, checked and found that the fan is not even trying to start, the clicking sounds like it is comming from the other side of the heater box between the quarter pannel and the heater box, the relay on the top...
  6. R

towing aluminum boat

I will be going to a friends cabin in a few weeks and will need to tow a 17 foot aluminum boat it is aprox 1500 lbs and is aprox 6 hrs drive some hills, i have a 2006 explorer with the V-6 but not the towing package is there anything i might want to watch out for vehicle wise is this vehicle ok...
  7. R

Musty smell comming from A/C when running

Does anybody know where the Heater box drain is located i think it might be plugged because no water is leaking out when the A/C has been running, tried looking but didnt locate it, any ideas, also is there a easy way to clean if needed.
  8. R

Radiator replaced on '07 EB 4.0

The original radiator cap rating is 20 PSI
  9. R

To Replace The Radiator, or not

replace the radiator go to the dealer to reflash ECM with TSB 09-8-1 update. This update ghanges the fan set points so that it comes on sooner thus the pressure in the rad is lower, i also installed a 16 PSI rad cap on mine and have been running with no problems for 2 years now, the rad cap is a...
  10. R

Over heating issue today

Changed thermostat and test drove all seems ok for now, will keep an eye on temperature for a few days, thanks.
  11. R

Over heating issue today

Today when i was driving home my cooling fan raced making a lot of noise then stopped and was fine, later i was comming home from being out and the temperature jumped to the top of the gauge and went back to normal again, fluid level is fine and checked rad and no leaks, could it be the...
  12. R

tranny flush

Has anybody had trouble with there 2006 V-6 explorer after having the tranny flushed at the dealer, i have 126000 on mine and thought of getting the tranny serviced.
  13. R

Rear door issues

recently the rear door on my wifes explorer will not always unlock, i think it might be the actuator but not sure, and what iff it wont unlock is there a way to get it to unlock with out damaging the rear door cover, any info will be greatly received.
  14. R

CD pl;ayer problems

Today my CD player stopped and wont play any CD's, the disc loads and ejects but when it is in the player it will do nothing just say no disc even though there is a disc in it, any idea if there is a reset button or am i hooped.
  15. R

Highest mileage on 06 and up Explorers (over 100K miles)

06 explorer V-6 , 108000 KM's replaced the rad once ( at 60000 K ) and the front drivers side wheel bearing, thats it other than oil changes and regular maintenance very happy with truck so far.
  16. R

Tansmission flush 06 explorer 4.0 liter

My dealer is telling me that the tranny is due for service, they said that they do the tranny flush is this a good idea as i have heard of problems after this being done, any info is great thanks.
  17. R

A/C blows cold at idle

I have noticed that the A/C in my wifes truck blows colder when we are at a stop, when we are driving it is not blowing as cold ??, any ideas what it might be?
  18. R

A/C recharge 2006 explorer

Was wondering what type of refrigerant is used in the 2006 explorer, mine is blowing a bit on the warmish side not getting cold enough, can you use one of the off the shelf recharge kits from the auto parts store, thanks.
  19. R

Noisey Lifter - 2007 4.6 litre, 110K km

I am not sure about the lifter but the wheel bearings in these trucks are crap, seem to be a problem, i had to change the front drivers side a month ago truck only had 78000 kilometers on it.
  20. R

Parking Brake

I need to adjust my parking brake, i have never done this on rear disc brakes, is this difficult to do.
  21. R

Wheel bearing issue.

wheel bearing replacement just replaced the bearing/hub assembly on the front drivers side, it was getting very rough, started all of a sudden and get worse by the day, took me little under two hours to complete and ride is smooth as silk again, not a very tough job to do.
  22. R

lower pressure rad cap

lower psi rad cap for 2006 explorer I have found a 16 psi rad cap, stant #10233, fits like a glove, been using it for a few days now and there is no differance in temperature or operation of cooling system, will keep you updated.
  23. R

Water pump or hose leak.

rad cap # 10233 Just bought the stant rad cap rated for 16 psi , will give it try and see what happens, fingers crossed
  24. R

replacement radiator for 2006 explorer

Has anybody had good results with any make of radiator not leaking in the 2006 explorer, just wondering if my current one starts leaking what one to replace it with.
  25. R

Coolant Leak

On a nice warm day it took me aprox 3 hours start to finish and no I did not take any pics of the process, if you have a manual for your year and make it will give you direction on how to do this.
Back