Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. toypaseo

Wanted Torsion bars

Here, it’s 06-12 Ranger and 01-05 Sport Trac. I think finding the Sport Trac will be easier. In one yard at least, I don’t remember much for newer Rangers the last time I was there. I’m game to pull them, pending condition. I have no idea on shipping cost to you though…
  2. toypaseo

Wanted Torsion bar covers

What year Sport Trac? Ranger? 4x4? How much PITA to remove them? Hitting two yards next week…
  3. toypaseo

ISO '95-'98 Sport Valence W/ Fogs

97Sandbox… if interested, send me a PM
  4. toypaseo

I wonder how much one would be to ship from eastern edge of WY to you… I’m hitting two junkyards in a few weeks.
  5. toypaseo

Is this normal? 2dr Explorer things

1: what condition are the swaybar endlinks?
  6. toypaseo

Hmmm… I think most aftermarket are grey, right?
  7. toypaseo

Headunit update, old guy update

I think I have two or three Pioneer Super Tuner two-shaft cassette players in my garage 😄
  8. toypaseo

Headunit update, old guy update

I got an Audiovox 8-track from a Lincoln Continental Mark V if you want to turn back time 😄
  9. toypaseo

2000 Eddie Bauer - need 2 OEM chipped keys cut (Masters)

Maybe this info from @Turdle might be helpful… https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/ignition-lock-broken-how-to-fix-lock-to-use-original-keys.379194/
  10. toypaseo

Rear wiper only gets half the window?

Another 2¢… my ex-Ford mechanic neighbor told me to not bend anything…
  11. toypaseo

Rear wiper only gets half the window?

Here’s what I did.., Removed rear wiper. Filled sink with HOT water and Ivory dish soap. Let whole arm soak. Cleaned with toothbrush all around the hinge. Continue soak. Keep working hinge, and more cleaning with toothbrush. Finally the hinge worked like it should. No binding. Now rear wiper...
  12. toypaseo

Side to side "windy" swaying coming from the rear on high speeds

Something else to look at… tires. The 96 I just bought, had old cracked bald cheepo deluxe tires on it. I bought shocks thinking they are pry shot. I put my summer wheels and tires on it from my other 96, and just that made a huge difference…
  13. toypaseo

Side to side "windy" swaying coming from the rear on high speeds

I would also recommend looking at the endlinks. I either broke, or a nut and bushing fell off, on one of my front ones on my 96. It was like driving a swaying boat on the interstate. Sway when changing lanes, and from any road irregularities.
  14. toypaseo

Beginning of a beautiful journey, 2000 Explorer SOHC

Replace the belt tensioner too…
  15. toypaseo

Wanted: '88-'97 Dual Shifter Boot Bezel

How not much of a PITA are they to remove??? I tried on one… and gave up…
  16. toypaseo

OEM block heater made by Zerostart (Philips & Temro)?

My newly acquired 96 doesn’t have the OEM block heater. Was considering getting the OEM stuff off eBay, but a local parts store has the Zerostart brand. Heater piece resembler the OEM unit. But the cord plug cover, I think, is the same as a the OEM one… My buddy who works at the local parts...
  17. toypaseo

And yet another intermittent no crank no start - solved

Check your wire inside the positive terminal for corrosion. I had a turn key, click, and everything dead problem. That was causing the problem for me.
  18. toypaseo

Is there anyway to check if recalls have been completed long ago?

Usually, the cruise control recall harness will have a blue tag on it, like this. I just bought the correct harness, and had my local mechanic put it on. My local Ford stealership was not an option due to their reputation.
  19. toypaseo

Is there anyway to check if recalls have been completed long ago?

Cruise control had a recall. Replacement harness should have a blue label on it…
  20. toypaseo

Need help finding the correct interior color

It’s an easy DIY project to recover, if your console plastic is in good shape. I did my Willow Green cover, and it was a pretty close match. Some kits on eBay include replacement foam. My recovered one: It just followed me home (version 2)!
  21. toypaseo

Need help finding the correct interior color

I was looking for an aftermarket console lid cover for my newly acquired 96… maybe this might help 🤷🏻‍♂️
  22. toypaseo

GEM module

I thought when I pulled a GEM for my 96, it was just behind the radio, and easily removed…
  23. toypaseo

How should I mount a custom roof basket?

NOT a bad idea. I contemplated mounting a roof basket somehow, without the use of there OEM crossbars. More low profile I guess. Never did it, but I did pluck more OEM brackets from the junkyard… but who knows where they are in my stockpile…
  24. toypaseo

Good replacement door lock actuators

Careful to not tear the rubber cover. Get the linkage as well, since it should be probably free…
Back