Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2013 going to Mountains of Colorado

Ultimately chose to drive the Sienna so we had more room. Well it snowed about 10 inches on Feb 22 and we got in the night before. Driving around the next day in town was fine but I did go ahead and throw some chains on (bought Pewag Servo chains from e trailer). Went on quick and came off just...
  2. S

Help, my wipers quit working!

Might be the wiper assembly itself. IIRC high speed is a bypass. If something goes wrong you can always run high, safety reasons. If you have already replaced the arm, then it's either wiring (cut/short) or the wiper assembly itself.
  3. S

2nd Flipped sprag in 50k miles

Quick and to the point: 2000 Ranger 2.5 w/ 4r44e 199k (April 2014) Rebuilt due to coast clutch steels/clutches friction welding together (forgot to back off OD band when adjusted, stupid mistake) New TC, clutches,steels, bands, servos, seals, fluid, USED overdrive planetary and drum. 255k...
  4. S

Have you used them? Recomended brand? I just have All seasons with no M+S designation, so I have to bring chains or similar (like the socks mentioned above). Hey I might not have to use them at all but if the Squat hits the fan, I want something that is going to work.
  5. S

So wife planned a trip for the family (wife, me, and 4 kids) to Loveland Ski area in Colorado, driving from Alabama (good long road trip). We will be staying in the Georgetown area (around 40 miles west of Denver right off I-70). We will be there in the week of Feb 20th. We got 2 choices of...
  6. S

How to: Front Upper Strut Mount Replacement - 5th gen

Got the notorious "Twang" sound coming from my Ex when turning the steering wheel, so it was time to replace strut mounts. I know others like to do a simple quick strut replacement, but I've seen issues with non-OEM struts and springs and nothing was wrong with my originals, so I went with just...
  7. S

2013 Limited Headlights

Yeah I got a rental Explorer as well when the hood had to be repainted. The factory Halogens are awful when compared to the OEM HID. Differences I know in the housings are: cutout in the bottom for wiring from the ballast to pass through, pinouts are different, and the projector is different...
  8. S

HID Headlights

It was only on the 302a Limited. There was a member on here that I helped retro OEM HID housings in his 2014 sport. Just had to swap a couple of wires and add a ground for them to work with the factory harness. HELP - Explorer 2015 OEM Limited HID headlights for 2014 Sport
  9. S

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Only time you have true control over the recirc door is when the auto is off and you switch to panel. Other times it's based on temperature difference inside and out the car and the humidity level. I hate it because in Alabama it will start blasting on AC but keeps the door closed because...
  10. S

2013 Limited Headlights

2013 Limiteds only had HIDs from factory if it had the 302A or 303A package.
  11. S

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

This will make you guys feel better. 260k miles on an older CX9 before failure.
  12. S

2013 Explorer IPMA B12D8 Trouble Code (possibly lane departure warning related)

Just look at the defrost grid in front of the camera. Those traces will eventually terminate at a solder pad where wires come off it to be connected to the harness.
  13. S

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

49 U.S. Code § 30122 - Making safety devices and elements inoperative (b)Prohibition.— A manufacturer, distributor, dealer, rental company, or motor vehicle repair business may not knowingly make inoperative any part of a device or element of design installed on or in a motor vehicle or motor...
  14. S

Poor fuel economy and fuel system error

Oh yeah fuelsys just shows if you are in open or closed loop. Still need to look at why your STFT are pegging negative.
  15. S

You got the wrong PIDs up for the upstream precat O2s (O2S11 and O2S21). You are reading the heater circuit current (notice it is in mA). You need to pull the signal voltage.
  16. S

No code? With that high of a negative fuel trim it should be. Can you do some screen shots of your O2 sensors while showing the STFT (graphing mode) What is LTFT for that bank?
  17. S

16 Explorer XLT Push Button Start Problems!!

Also take a video of it when it does happen.
  18. S

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

I think I know of a way detecting oil contamination, hopefully early. Coolant will thicken engine oil. Thicker oil means higher viscosity. Higher viscosity means higher oil pressure for a given rpm/temp. If you could add a true pressure sensor (factory is just a switch) then you could have...
  19. S

Is It Possible to Lock Out the Garage Door Opener Unless the Motor is Running?

Two was to do this: inline relay or inline switch (hidden) With the relay just have the power feeding to the homelink buttons switched by the relay with an ignition wire triggering the relay (only on when ignition is on). You could also cut the wire leading to the visor with an inline switch...
  20. S

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

Probably would have them take it back as you won't be able to get a class 3 rating without an OEM installed trailer package. Which trim level did you get? If you got a base, xlt, or limited you need to get them to take it back as these come with a 6f50 trans and with the tow package you get...
  21. S

BCM Programming - Trailer Lights

You sure hazard lights are required? I did a quick google for "ece trailer lighting requirements" and got this guide from Hella. https://www.hella.com/MicroSite/soe/sites/default/files/downloads/Hella_Product_Overview_12V-Trailers_LegalPrescriptions.pdf I don't see hazard lights listed in...
  22. S

BCM Programming - Trailer Lights

You have a site or document that shows all the requirements for lighting for Germany?
  23. S

2011/2012 Anti-Lock Brake Conroller Assembly

You just got a bad parts guy at the dealer. The electronic portion of the unit is unavailable for the ACC vehicles, but the assembly is available (both hydraulic and electronic). Most OEMs sell separate units because there is no need to replace the whole unit when a simple electronic module can...
  24. S

HID compared to Halogen Headlights

Control unit is bolted to the underside of the headlight housing but there is a big like 3" hole in the housing for wiring to pass through. you could still be seeing the control unit through this hole. You seeing this through the headlight?
Back