Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

F150 leveling kit spacers?

Just wondering if anyone tried using the couple spacers from the 04 and up f150's to lift ur ex? Any info would be great. Cuz I can get my hands on some f150 spacers really cheap if it does work. Thanks!
  2. T

WTF... 265's rubbing on hard left turn...

my 265s dont rub at all. weird
  3. T

Hey. Did you know??

When I figured out how to do it. I tried repeating it and you can actually feel the trams shift down into 4th. I know exactly what your saying about the TC locking up at. But this is different. When I say tap the breaks. I mean barely touching them.
  4. T

Hey. Did you know??

When your cruzin in 5th gear (od). And you tap the break while your other foot is on the gas. The truck will downshift into 4th gear. I didn't know it does that. Is it some type of towing feature or a glitch in the computer/trans??
  5. T

Premium fuel??

Ok. I'll try it out next fill up. Probably gotta fill up a few times before it's 100% premium in the tank, I'm assuming.
  6. T

Premium fuel??

You think it would effect anything since iv never ran premium?
  7. T

Premium fuel??

Would there be any benefits to running premium fuel? Iv been running regular since the truck was new. But gas prices r kinda goin down so I figured I would try it but I wanted to get a second opinion first.
  8. T

Amp recommendation

What amp would u guys recommend for my JL audio 12w6?
  9. T

Muffler Question

your pipe is 2.25 and the just add piping to one end of the new muffler.
  10. T

Exhaust helpp

i have the 4.6 v8 and i have the flowmaster 40 series with the second cats cut out. it sounds amazing. quiet when cruzing but it has a great rumble when you get on it. you will be happy with that rout. if you choose to take it.
  11. T

3rd gen sub install questions

so i was recently given a brand new 12inch jl audio sub. i have the premium audio in my mountaineer and i was wondering how it would be wired up with the factory sub.. would i loose the usage of my stock sub? how does that work? and also, how much would it cost to install. i need to get a box...
  12. T

New flowmaster exhaust

I'll try to get some up soon. Iv been very busy lately
  13. T

New flowmaster exhaust

2.25 inch
  14. T

New flowmaster exhaust

I just got a flowmaster exhaust put On the mounty. Cut out the second cats and put all new piping leading to a 40 series muffler. Sounds great
  15. T

Sct tuner?

What do you think of your sct tuner? Performance? Gas milage? Pros/cons?? Price? Just tryin to get some ideas.
  16. T

Post pics of your tires

You can fit the 265's with out the lift. I have them on my mounty.
  17. T

just got newtires

I'll take a quick one later on today. But there will eventually be some better pics with my camera.
  18. T

Post pics of your tires

just got the 265/70's. they r falken ziex. $500. got a good deal on them. real quiet and smooth. does great on wet/dry roads,just waiting for winter to come arount to give them the test. still gotta get better pics with the camera.
  19. T

just got newtires

i got 265/70's on the mounty. i still gotta get some good pics with the camera but i have one on my phone. it will have to do for now.
  20. T

Performance Chips

He wants his 4.0 to fly like my 4.6. I'll probably be helping him with all the work he does on his ex btw. Doin the intake mod and probably exhaust first. Then well wory about the stc tuner.
  21. T

Pics of your truck with mod list and roughly how much you spent

I like it a lot. It's clean and nicely moded.
  22. T

Help with LED switchbacks

My friend has a lincoln ls and it's got the same wire set up as my mountaineer. But we couldn't figure out how to install the switchbacks. We have the resistors and all the other stuff. Does anybody know how to install them or has pics or a diagram?? Any help would b great!! Thanks in advance!!
Back