Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

bad vibration around 60mph and up

You guys are looking to much into this. You have 33 inch tires and I assume they are mud terrain. They are going to vibrate and shake going down the road. Its going to be even worse if they are snow tires. I work at a tire shop and we do a lot of mud tires and snow tires, and just because they...
  2. S

Grille Guard Install!

It is fairly easy, I would see if you could maybe ask whoever made it to send you some directions just to make it a little easier. It took me and a buddy about and hour, hour and half to install mine.
  3. S

No heat or AC, just blows air.

Hey guys, my explorer hasnt had AC in years, thats not what I am worried about, but my heat recently quit working and now that it is getting colder I need to get this fixed. Whether I turn on the heat or AC, it just blows air, not hot or cold, just air. My coolant level was good and air comes...
  4. S

Shocks for tt and shackels?

Yea I know thats why I said it made it much stiffer. I am looking for something that will kind of even it out. I have heard alot about the rancho 5000, but I have also read they are kind of stiff. If I was to go with the 5000 would I get the ones that are made for the lift or stock height?
  5. S

Shocks for tt and shackels?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently installed shackles and cranked up the torsion bars on my 99ex. It didnt take bumps and pot holes too well before, now that it has a stiffer ride, its even worse. So i think its time to upgrade my...
  6. S

What shocks to get with TT and Shackle lift.

I recently installed shackles and cranked up the torsion bars on my 99ex. It didnt take bumps and pot holes too well before, now that it has a stiffer ride, its even worse. So i think its time to upgrade my shocks. What a good shock for a comfortable ride with the TT and shackels? Something...
  7. S

99 5.0 loss of power on hills?

I knew I forgot to add something in the thread. I am not really sure when the last time/if ever the tune up has been done. I figured that would be a good starting point, but was wondering if it could be something else before I spend the money for plugs/wires.
  8. S

99 5.0 loss of power on hills?

Hey guys, I have a 99 ex with 152,x.. miles on it. I noticed recently when I start to go up hills @ a certain rpm, it jerks a couple of times, when I press the gas harder it goes away. Even after the jerking though, it still feels like I dont have that much power when going up hills. She...
  9. S

Pics of TT Shackle and AAl

Hey guys I have 99 Limited Ex and I ordered the Warrior 153, Procomp 13120 short AAL and plan on doing TT. I searched but couldnt find a thread dedicated to pics. So anybody out there running this setup that can post pics so I can get an idea of what mine will look like? Thanks guys.
  10. S

Quick AAL help.

So it would probably be better to just go with the Warrior shackles then huh?
  11. S

Quick AAL help.

Ok cool. Will these raise the rear higher than shackles?
  12. S

Quick AAL help.

Hey guys I am wanting to lift/even the rear of ex. Would these AAL work? Has anyone used these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SpringForce-1-5-2-Lift-Short-Add-a-Leaf-Kit-1983-2012-Ford-Ranger-2WD-4WD-/180833449381?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1a8375a5&vxp=mtr thanks guys.
  13. S

Lifting just the rear?

Well its not that I dont like them, I was under the impression that if you did shackles then you had to do tt. But I guess if its only 1.5 lift I wouldst have to touch the torsion bars then, because thats exactly how much lower my rear is.
  14. S

Lifting just the rear?

I have some kelly tsr 31x10.50x15 and I love the height of the front and I want just about 1/1.5 inches in the rear. Can I just raise the back 1inch somehow? Has anyone ever done this? Like a universal lift block or add a leaf? I dont want to mess the torsion bars or shackles. thanks...
  15. S

Having fun in the snow with my x.

the exhaust is dual flowmaster 40 with 2.5inch pipes and 3" tips. No secondary cats.
  16. S

Having fun in the snow with my x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV9oiziIH40&feature=related
  17. S

Stuck on which tire to get

I can vouch for Hankook Dynapro ATM and Kelly Safari TSR. Both are great tires. The ATM is an amazing all season tire with a nice ride and looks tuff, and the TSR are just all around nasty. Not quite the ride quality as the ATM but still rides great for a aggressive tire.
  18. S

255/70R16 on 16x8 wheels?

My brother has the stock 16x7 limited wheels one his ex, and has 265/70/16 and they are fine. Youll be good.
  19. S

metal valve stems on these wheels?

I wouldnt do metal stems. Especially if you live in a place where it snows. All they will do is rust and corrode.
  20. S

hankook dynapro atm rf10's?

I work at Clark Tire and Auto. We are a chain based in NC. Its a Goodyear store, but we carry pretty much everything. I actually work in the mountains so everyone always wants a good tire for snow and off roading and the first tire we recommend is the dynapro. Sure you could get a m/t tire...
  21. S

hankook dynapro atm rf10's?

I work at a tire shop, and they are one of our best selling tires hands down. Both my brothers run them and the love them. They last forever if you rotate them properly and handle awesome in the snow, mud and are super quiet and smooth on highway.
  22. S

19" tires

yea 19 tires are very expensive. 18 and 20 are a good bit cheaper.
  23. S

My New Wheels/Tires

Thanks man i really appreciate it. Yes they are about as flush as they can be. Very happy with the end results. 3.75 the way to go.
  24. S

My New Wheels/Tires

I have some 20's for the summer time, but living in the mtns, snow and chrome low profiles dont go well together. haha. So I decided to upgrade my winter setup as winter is coming close: 99 Limited Explorer No Lift 15x8 Rock Crawler Series 52 Rims. 3.75 Backspacing. 31x10.50x15 Kelly Safari...
  25. S

(PICS INSIDE) 15x8 wheels 4"BS, bfg 31/10.50, 1.5" TT, warrior shackle and AAL

where did you get your shakles from?
Back