Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

ATTN: Owners With Gen II Explorers - Look at your Gas Pedal

Sounds like what I did, only I extended the cable with a shoelace to get home. I repaired mine by installing nuts and bolts accessible through the engine compartment. Least we haven't heard of any injuries due to this. SD
  2. S

Need a part question answered..

Any idea on the torque spec? Thanks SD
  3. S

Thanks for the speedy reply... SD
  4. S

I was lubing a ball-joint and spied a broken vertical pin that connects to torsion bar. Can someone tell me what this vertical part is called? http://www3.telus.net/M-Design/IMG_1582-2.jpg Thanks SD
  5. S

Power steering pump or Rack&Pinion?

What about the fact that it worked perfectly again for a day, does that raise any flags? SD
  6. S

Power steering pump or Rack&Pinion?

I believe it's the P/S pump, symptoms are harder steering resistance. What's odd though is it's been acting up for about a week, but for a few days it totally worked normally and now it's acting up again. Fluid levels are fine and I did the procedure for purging air although I don't see how air...
  7. S

Definitely worth a preventative check, this must have saved Ford $.50 at assembly time. If this breaks under the wrong circumstances, it can lead to a bad accident even a fatality. I have problems with the fact that this is fixed under warranty but not a safety recall. My guess would be that no...
  8. S

Here's a link for the TSB document.. http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/fad/tsb/00243.pdf SID
  9. S

I just had the same issue, happened on the freeway. I tied a shoelace on the cable and used my right hand to control the throttle. Built Ford Tough Hmmmm. SD
  10. S

Some useful info regarding Acetone to boost mileage..

Up to this point, I'm reserving judgement and am not prepared to try this but their seems to be a lot of good information out there. As far as companies looking to save consumers money, I wholeheartedly disagree that fuel companies will voluntarily come up with something that would directly...
  11. S

Some useful info regarding Acetone to boost mileage..

I was surfing my favorite conspiracy site when I ran into a thread discussing acetone as a mileage booster. I recall their were some people that were experimenting with acetone on this site, I myself haven't yet but may soon. ATS Thread: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread169183/pg1...
  12. S

Synthetic ATF

HOLY SHI!, pardon the grammar but I just noticed that AL had 16,000 posts. Way to go, you retired AL? LOL SID
  13. S

Ok to swith to synthetic at 50k?

Bought my 97' used with 143,000 , put in Castrol syn shortly thereafter. I am now at 172,000, no problems. I also wonder if it's actually better everytime I buy it. In for a pound. SID
  14. S

Significant Coolant Leak

Check your thermostat housing, they are made from chinese plastic and can crack. edit - Should have read the whole thread and I would have seen you fixed it. SID
  15. S

Outside Door Handle Loose

Read this thread.. Dead Link Removed Sid
  16. S

Gear indicator out of center

It's a broken plastic adjuster under the dash. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79052 Sid
  17. S

Tips for Gas Mileage

Seriously OT, but that looks like one of my eggs.. (scratches head in perplexed state) Sid
  18. S

Outside Door Handle "Slack"

This is what you need, don't know what it would cost to have it painted though. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7954571402&category=33642 Sid
  19. S

Replacement Fog / Driving Lights 1997 X

Thanks everybody, I'll let you know how the story ends.. Sid
  20. S

I found some OEM's on eBay, problem is it doesn't seem like most these guys want to ship to Canada. Are you running silverstars in your stock housing? I had heard the wiring wasn't strong enough?? Sid
  21. S

I definitely don't want to trim, the FF75 look like a good option. Do you think they are a lot brighter light than the stocks? As well do you you think it will work with existing brackets or will i need to modify? Sid
  22. S

Had a rock go though a lens and Ford wants too much for replacement $150 even the used guy wants $75. I'm thinking I can get better lights for not much more. I need them too fit on the existing brackets and would like them roughly the same size as stock. Any recommendations ?? Sid
  23. S

Update: Emergency Brake Pad Change 1997 Explorer

Hi Ray, I'd love to send it to you but I can't do an attachment on the board's e-mail. If you could send me your e-mail I'll send it. Sid
  24. S

Update: Emergency Brake Pad Change 1997 Explorer

Do you need to pull the kingpin and then remove the c-clips before the axles come out? I also hear that the seals need a hydraulic press to be removed without doing potential damage? Sid
Back