Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Catching in driveline while driving!

1997 explorer 4x4 with 4.0 ohv
  2. C

Catching in driveline while driving!

Okay so I was driving my explorer and it had sat a couple days 2 or 3 and I took off down the road and it was like something was catching while I was driving. It did it whenever there was no specific speed. So I had a low tire but didn't realize it put the proper p.s.i in the tire and tried...
  3. C

Transfer case motor replacment

How exactly do i do that just de-pin them from my old plug and pin them back in? in the proper spots
  4. C

Transfer case motor replacment

Okay so i have run across a delima. I just bought a replacement motor for my 98 explorer 4wd, there is not a hook up for the hall sensors. So would i be okay to not hook them up? and then it would be 2wd? or do they have to be hooked up. And if they do have to be hooked up how should i hook them...
  5. C

'97 Explorer "X" transfer case motor replacement...

This may be a dumb question but what would happen if you would not hook up the speed sensors?
  6. C

front driveshaft

I drive an hour each way to school and i was kind of hoping this would help increase my gas milegae. Thats what im hoping wether it will work out for me probaly not because i know me and nothing works as planned
  7. C

front driveshaft

Okay thank you very much for your help
  8. C

front driveshaft

So if i were to remove the driveshaft i wouldnt have to worry about screwing anything up?
  9. C

front driveshaft

Okay so i know this is a very debated topic but i have a 98 explorer with auto 4wd. My question is if i remove my front driveshaft would i have to worry about messing anything up in my transfer case?
  10. C

Blend Door

Thanks for all the help guys
  11. C

Blend Door

Hi guys, i am wondering how to figure out which blend door i need to repair my 1998 explorer w/manual heat and air controls. On Napa's website they offer two blend doors. One is $12.99 and the other one is $71.99 The 12.99 blend door says it has to be installed through the dashboard area, the...
  12. C

Front differental

Okay but if I tear the front diff. apart by myself is there anything I have to be careful of when taking it apart?
  13. C

Front differental

If those are the bearings that are internal then yes. Im sorry i dont know the exact name for them just that there is a rebuild kit for the internal bearings. It sounds like the left outer.
  14. C

Front differental

Im not sure if there is a thread about this if there im sorry i dont have enough time to look fo it since we started farming again. How can i check my bearings in my front differental and if they are bad how hard is it to replace the bearings? My other question is there anything i have to be...
  15. C

Front Differental

okay thanks for all your help
  16. C

Front Differental

I'm not doubting you on only one seal in the front diff. My other question iis what wuld cause it to lose oil around the right side cv shaft. I know there is a round tube that is connected to the front diff. but i thought there was a seal there. Any ideas or more help would be nice. im pulling...
  17. C

Front Differental

i was hoping to change all the seals besides the seal where the axle goes into the differential. The one where the axle goes into the diff. was changed this past winter
  18. C

Front Differental

Okay thanks ..... Does anyone know where i can find decent diagrams on how to do this .... its more for a reference to make sure im doing it right
  19. C

Front Differental

I have a 1998 explorer with the 4.0 SOHC motor. I am wondering how do i identify which front axle i have. I had a seal go bad so i need help asap. Or is there a link that might help me to identify which Diff. i have. Can someone help me please i have been pulling out my hair tryinjg to figure...
  20. C

Front Diff.

I have a 1998 ford explorer with a 4.0 SOHC ... i noticed that i have a seal bad on my front differental where the right side ends and my cv shaft starts. My question is does anyone know how to indentify the front diff. or does anyone have a link to help me figure out which front diff. i have...
  21. C

Gear selector adjuster

First of all im not sure where to find this part. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find. Im not sure what the exact name for it is but it tells you which gear you in. Im trying to find the name for the starwheel adjuster cause there is two plastic brackets that help hold the tension but...
  22. C

Flywheel Problem

Since the weather was hot today I got time to figure out what's wrong ... I no longer think it's the flywheel ... I think it's a solenoid that controls the shifting .. Because I found out that every once in a while when you put it in reverse it grinds like something isn't engaging ... So I found...
  23. C

Flywheel Problem

Okay so i ave no idea whats wrong now .... it still has the same problems as before but evry once in a while it grinds in reverse .... can someone help me please?
  24. C

Flywheel Problem

It is a automatic trans ... I guess I will out .... I bought it today going to pick it up tommorow and maybe when I get some time off of work I will tear into it. I will post pics or try to see what's wrong and let you guys know .... Unless I get to frustrated with it and tow it into my mechanic.
  25. C

Flywheel Problem

Hi i am thinking about buying a 1997 ford explorer with the 4.0 Efi from my buddy. At first he thought the trans was shot but he took it to his mechianic and found out it was the flywheel. It makes a grinding or a more high pitched slipping sound (very hard to describe the sound). So i am...
Back