Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

'95 X update

Right on with the mods, nice clean look!
  2. D

Kris Guilbeaux, Victoria, TX

Both very nice trucks!..... thats the best mazda ive seen in a while!
  3. D

Clear corner lenses - turning yellow

no clear corners for me then......
  4. D

Winch urban legend or WARNING you decide

Is a winch capable of that?
  5. D

So much for the death of Mercury

that first cougaresque thing looks like its trying to jump on the chrylser crossfire/pontiac soltice bandwagon. not that thats bad....
  6. D

amp kit guages

those large cables can be found industrially, and I think very high powered welders use them too. A few SPL'ers that I know use 2/0 guage, thats a little extreme for a normal person........
  7. D

question about amps

both in my opinion are good, your choice probably depends on what you're goin for, Audiobahn's amps are great performers, good lookers and expensive.(in most cases). While JBL amps are also good performers, not quite up to par for cosmetics, but have great bang for the buck. There are several...
  8. D

newbie question!!

oh just my 2 cents..... ive noticed that some trannys like mine and others last till oh in the high 150,000 mile range, mines still tickin, and hopefully with a tranny fluid flush, and routine maint, it'll run for a while yet. And there are others, namely the trannies that last oh about 30,000...
  9. D

My rearview fell off

a couple people on the roof it is! :chug:
  10. D

Gauging Interest: Selling my System

sorry to hear it man, if I lost my job right now i'd start sellin body parts rather than parting out my truck!! I'd take the 200 amp alt, components, tweets but thats all i could prob afford, i could trade my stock 130 amp alt. just a thought. I couldn't afford the whole system, though i'd...
  11. D

Explorer Police Cars!

our penn state police have 2 explorers, and 2 rangers, both 2nd gen, the rangers being 99 or newer. Being that i work for them, i might get to drive one eventually....
  12. D

Tranny's Slipping

hmmm im hoping a fluid change will extend the ol tranny another 10-20k miles.....got 152,000 on her now.....
  13. D

My rearview fell off

^^^^^^that looks familiar, cept my roof moves a little less than that! :D im still thinking about a feasable way of reinforcing my roof without too much fab work, cuz the new systems gonna BURP.....
  14. D

I know its a neon but........

im in total agreement about the new cars, too bad there will always be ricers out there making a bad name of some good imports.......... the new wrx front end is a lot better than current ones
  15. D

puttin in 4 12's

I sent the zeb a couple of price matches, mostly about ma audio subs, and audiobahn subs, now they wont even reply back, i mailed em a few more times to no avail, but whatever good luck with the system. My friend is getting 4 - type r 12"s for in his Z24 cavalier, with the right amp that should...
  16. D

Opinions on new cars

my grandfathers lexus rx300 must be worked on by a lexus dealership, not toyota, dont ask me why? he has to drive far out of his way for warranty work.
  17. D

I know its a neon but........

its fast! Im talking about the new neon SRT-4 dodges site: www.dodge.com/srt-4/ best site: www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html think it would be a cool car, at least it would get a ton more gas mileage than the X while going a lot faster. Plus it actually has a decent setup, 215 hp...
  18. D

Pics of my old car(if anyone cares)

.....In the ghetto, in the ghettoooooo.... better than mine-88 z24 cavalier-leaked everything
  19. D

Rancho front shocks

i also have the 5000's in the front w/o any problems with the TT of about 1.5". Are the 9000's stouter than the 5000's (dumb Question they probably are) are they physically larger?
  20. D

What weight oil are you running; how many miles do you have on your X?

valvoline maxlife 10w30, 152,000 mi, dead of winter Brrrrrrrr.
  21. D

Who's X is that?

i saw that too, it doesn't look like 12" of lift though, then again it is on its side!!!
  22. D

component speakers

I have a set of the Audiobahn 5 1/4 metal coned compnents and they sound good, the carbon coned components should sound great though. I like components much better than my old speakers (rockford fosgate 5x7)
  23. D

JBL 1200.1

i thoght the jbl amp was rated at 1ohm? anyways dont get that to run those 2 12"s, you could run a jble to each but more $$$, you could get a good audiobahn amp to power those, ive seen them powered off of something as small as a 275hcq and they didn't sound bad.
  24. D

95' 4 door mounting depth of 5x7 holes?

just from my experience those plastic adaptors, from metra 6x8 - 5 1/4, are crap, they are thin, very thin, and cannot handle any bass whatsoever. I have a 5 1/4 audiobahn compnent set, and the midbass rattle the heck out of them. I even tried dynamatting the heck out of them and all around...
  25. D

This 'O2 0wn's!

yeah its in ford truck world magazine, looks really....cool, the whole effect is rather smooth, id like to testdrive that ex!
Back