Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Saving to buy an explorer

Indeed 5.0 is awd but also came in 2wd. I wouldn't drive any other explorer. My 5.0 has close to 300k miles. And still runs great!
  2. S

wheel spacers?

I use spacers all the time on my cars. But Ive never needed them on my Explorer. Another thing you might want to consider getting is a wheel and hub centric spacer. adaptitusa is a pretty good place to deal with.
  3. S

Maryland Explorers!

Im down for any place really. I dont have a problem with driving. How about we list some places that we could all work with and go from there? And also a day and time? Locations I can think of: Barebones in Ellicott City Pepboys Parking Lot Laurel MD Days: Thursday evenings...
  4. S

Maryland Explorers!

Oh sorry I havent changed my location. Im in Bowie, MD now. Near the Harley Shop on 197. But yeah Barebones is cool. Im about 20-25 minutes from there. When I had my volkswagen we would meet @ the parking garage next to Eggstectations on 108 in Columbia / Ellicott City. Any place...
  5. S

Maryland Explorers!

I would be willing to step up and set something up? I'd even be willing to use my property to host it on, just incase cops give people a hard time about using parking lots. What days were the meets usually on? Couple times a month? Once a month? I guess the big question is who would be...
  6. S

Front bumper swap???

I just switched my metal bumper out for the plastic 99-01 bumper. Depending on if you have a body lift or not, you might have to remove the plastic cover from the bumper to adjust the bolts. I had to change the bolts out so I could put spacers. But it should fit right on.
  7. S

How well do V8 exs' do with stock gears and 33's?

Mines been fine. Ive had 33's on for about 7k miles now and beofore that I had on 35's. With the 35's i got about 13.3/14.7 33's I get 15.3/17.9
  8. S

Best Place and Brand of Shackles?

Warrior Shackles are the best kind. Autozone sells them also. $20.00 they arent that bad but just dont do extreme off roading. and just measure the torison twist. measure from the fender to the ground and just keep doing that until you are just below 2"
  9. S

New Roof Rack and New Tires

:thumbsup: I have the same tires. Like the rack.
  10. S

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

Yeah you can find 31's to mount on the stock wheels. You just have to make sure you get that size. like 275 65 R16 (the R size is your Rim size) as far as on and off road tires... an A/T = All terrain M/S = Mud Snow EDIT skunk beat me to it
  11. S

Big 35’s whinin’ on the asphalt

They were going bald and getting loud. I wanna go back to 35'' cause that 2" makes a difference!
  12. S

99ex22 Is Crazy!

Always liked the way your explorer looked :thumbsup: I liked the stock wheels better. Maybe black moldings will look better with the wheels
  13. S

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

Man 32mpg would be nice! '98 5.0 V8 AWD When mine was bone stock. I got around 26.5 with a LIGHT foot and only on the highway. Now with custom exhaust, 6" of lift, 33x12.5 tires NO running boards, spare tire, or anything but the driver (sometimes pass) I can get MAYBE 17.9 with no...
  14. S

Round plastic ball in right front wheel well??

From what you are describing to me it sounds like its the evap canister, which has to do with your emissions system.
  15. S

Big 35’s whinin’ on the asphalt

Yeah I will have to post up my new pictures. Few things have changed: running 33x12.5 tires no running boards and just upgraded to the '99+ front bumper
  16. S

150,000 miles and counting...

Same as austin. I have 230k on mine.:thumbsup: My aunt had 354,1xx on her's when someone decided to run a red light.
  17. S

knocking sound coming from steering?

do you hear the knocking when you turn? if so check ur sway bar bushings and links. when I first got my truck they were so gone that the links actually broke in half when I took 'em out.
  18. S

HID lights

in order to have hid's you must have an ignitor to light the the ballist. there are plenty of good sites out there that will provide everything you need to have hid's for under $75
  19. S

First Exploder

this brown gunk? Is the coolant a brown milky color? If so you have more problems then just a leaky rad. But replacing the radiator isnt that bad. Just make sure you get one that is meant for your explorer (not from a place like PEPBOYS etc.) As far as a flush. I would wait until you...
  20. S

8K Hids are quaint

It also depends on what kind of wattage the ignitors have. (they are those box looking things that the lights plug into) Usually they come in a 35w and a 55w If you have the 35w on a 8k bulb its going to look like a 6k But it you have the 55w it should look like 8k. personally i think a...
  21. S

Maryland Explorers!

Still new to the whole Explorer / SUV lifestyle. Was big in the the whole CAR scene when I had my VW. I was just wondering if explorer owners here in MD or the DMV have regular meets? Where we can all get together every once in a while, talk, and look at the "rigs" I know its cold out...
  22. S

Sank my 03 in 3 feet of snow and now it squeals

I agree with JayDez with the clunking noise. I had the same sound coming from the front end when I hit bumps and when I would turn. I didnt think it was the bushings because I replaced them just in July. But thats what it was.. the were torn apart! With the wheel bearing idea I sorta agree...
  23. S

after market 3rd row seat?

Junk Yards. Craigslist. Ebay. And there are plenty of websites that sell 3rd rows
  24. S

Plastic trim that covers the recliner lever

There are screws holding it on, but they are in weird places. When I replaced the handle on the reclining part I found it easier to just unbolt the seat from the floor for easier access.
  25. S

2000 XLT V8 for my son

$3800 seems a little low? But maybe its just because of where you are? KBB said mine was worth like $4850 and I have 250k on mine. I wish mine had 115k on it again. Thats just getting broken in. The V8 is worth spending a little more money on I think. But like JEast said make sure you get...
Back