Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2007 Explorer: 9005 instead of 9145 Fog Lights

I am piggyback this thread. For fog lights can i connect aftermarket 12v to the factory wires? Are they both 12 volts? i can not find the info i am looking for. Also where is the fog light fuse specifically? Any help is appreciated.
  2. E

Replace just lower ball joint or whole lower control arm?

Arne, I prefer OEM but have also gotten Dorman and Moog with no problem. The designs are different though.
  3. E

Rear Diff CV Shaft Seal

is there stopleak for it? or is that likely the seal like you did?
  4. E

Rear Diff CV Shaft Seal

I have dirt on the top of the right axle boot. what could cause that?
  5. E

Rear Diff CV Shaft Seal

is the pics the motorcraft or duralast seal?
  6. E

200,000 mile update

I have an '07 XLT V6. I am at 311k.I got it as program vehicle with 25k on it. I have original engine. Repaired transmission 3x AFTER 190k on it.i have done a ton of preventative parts replacement. I do have a timing rattle though.....SOB...but it's been great. Gonna repair it and run it until I...
  7. E

Will changing my timing chain tensioners do more bad than good?

I have a piggyback question. I know I have a broke chain tensioner guide. Should I replace the tensioners to kill the rattle? The rattle is at startup and idle,I don't hear it work in drive.
  8. E

front wheel bearings

Should definitely be smooth like your were expecting. I'd you feel notched at home speed.. then the bearings won't last at highway speeds.
  9. E

Rear glass opens sometimes by its self?

When i sprayed WD40 in the latch real good 2x i stopped having the window spontaneously open.
  10. E

AC Refill

I have question. How do i test if the clutch on the compressor is bad? Can a bad clutch still engage but not cause the system to cool the air enough?
  11. E

Air Conditioning.

Check the compressor wiring connector.
  12. E

2007 4.0 V6 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement

When i replaced the valve gaskets, I replace the manifold gaskets, and the injectors.I also painted the valve covers since it just costs paint.I agree about taking pictures before removing parts.
  13. E

A/C compressor ???

The compressor turns but how do you know that the clutch is trashed?
  14. E

front wheel bearings

i bought hubs when replacing mine. Have not had any problems. I got OEM from Amazon for a good price then getting them from auto parts stores or the dealer.
  15. E

2007 Ford Explorer Intermittent Stalling Issue

Check the vacuum line by the air hose. Its black with a thin hose connected to another canister of some kind. make sure the line is on. I had to tape mine to stay on. Check all your vacuum lines by physically pushing them to make sure they are connected.
  16. E

Solved AC issue, ongoing

How about needing oil added to the a/c system? I have seen where there is oil for the a/c system. Could be needing it to lubricate better at the high speeds.
  17. E

$200 96 4.0 Project

What is GEM? I have run across that yet.
  18. E

what kind of explorer do you have and how many miles on it?

That is awesome. I just passed 300,000 miles with no engine issues. I have replaced sensors, always used synthetic oil and kept the air filter clean.
  19. E

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

I was not realizing it was extended service plan(ESP) pricing. I have not had experience with those. I didn't have time to fully type out the question better. Now I know what ESP is.
  20. E

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

What is the pricing? Too low for new vehicle.
  21. E

Anybody have any Good Interior Mods?

The center piece looks better than the pictures show
  22. E

Anybody have any Good Interior Mods?

I painted vent trim peices, shifter trim piece and the center bevel so far
Back