Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to bypass door ajar switch for liftgate glass

This afternoon, I put the side mirror on passenger side with ease. I also silenced the sensor by splicing the wires together coming to the liftglass door ajar sensor. I found this without multimeter. When I disconnect the sensor (which means open circuit), door ajar shows up. So the other way by...
  2. B

Rondo, There are two sensors in the rear liftgate. One is for the whole part, the other one is for liftglass. They are all behind the same panel. The one in the bottom (for the whole rear liftgate) is easy to replace.
  3. B

Hi Rondo, Thank you. The side mirror is easy, since I knew how to remove the assembly through door panel (3 screws hold it, just the same process like replace the door ajar sensor). I will post the pics of how to dissemble the rear door panel. Just be careful. I break some plastic holding...
  4. B

My side mirror is also messed up by some jackass. When I get the mirror part, I will take time to repair all. I'll test which way to quiet this sensor in liftglass. It's so annoying.
  5. B

The door ajar error shows up frequently. So I replaced all the door ajar switches for all doors and the liftgate glass. I thought I solved the problem. But it showed up again, especially if I drove on bumpy roads, and I usually heard some subtle loose liftglass moving sound. So I stopped the...
  6. B

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Never mind. I applied some WD-40 to the clip. Use a plier to pry the tab on the yellow clip. Then it comes loose. After I put the new door jamb switch, the door ajar error is gone. Hope this will kill the problem forever. In the process, the plastic tab of the door switch bezel was damaged. I...
  7. B

What is this?

I think so. I once detached it and just out of curiosity, I googled the part number.
  8. B

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

I am having so much trouble on detaching the vertical yellow clip. How do you guys remove it? I played with the yellow part, but it doesnot move. It seems glued to the rod. I copied Borland's pic. You can find the location of the vertical yellow clip. Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  9. B

Remote Transmission filter mounting place for 3rd gen

I am trying to do the same, adding a remote transmission filter. My explorer is 2002 eddie bauer V8. I just bought the kit as you mentioned. Since I dont' want to mess up with the bumper or grill, I found I can work on the pressure line right after the transmission and before the radiator. There...
Back