Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

I'm planning for it! My truck will make it, but not sure it will make it off the road! Need to work on the front end....
  2. G

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

I finally checked on the board tonight and saw this run! I got excited, but won't be able to make those dates. I'm studying for my engineering p.e. license and have a test oct. 20 and nov. 5th. I'm currently a 1/3 pe ( passed the 8 hr) and have to pass seismic and survey. You guys/gals still...
  3. G

BKennedy's 1994 Explorer

Yes Sir! Now married, looking for homes, and studying for my Professional Engineer license in California. The explorer is my weekend driver that I've just about had it with the front-end and want to look at getting it fixed. I'm back to checking on the board so I won't miss out on...
  4. G

BKennedy's 1994 Explorer

Brian! How's it going? Who's doing all your welding? I need to look at getting my steering and my front spring/shock mounts handled. By handled, I mean my springs are still SUPER bowed!!!! and yes i'm still alive, just my truck is a sitting piece that needs work.
  5. G

2008 Truck Haven Run! Jan 19-20 Discuss!!!

i got my truck back with limit straps, gussetted spring bucket and lower bump stops.... So lets see if i can last 40 mins this time.
  6. G

Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven

I had a good time other than dealing with my crap suspension. Big thanks to Winter, Matt, Rick, Brian, and Danny for helping me out and fixing the front end. We hit the wind on the way home and it was quite funny watching my dad try and keep that thing in the lane. Was fun meeting new...
  7. G

CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20

Pops and i will be there in the morning..
  8. G

Me Me:thumbsup: :shoot: :shoot:
  9. G

2wd trucks are even going.........
  10. G

I'm going for Waterfall! hahaha:salute:
  11. G

? for the T-haven irregulars....

2wd drives do fine. I'll be out there.
  12. G

New Front End

ya the springs are pretty bowed. They told me that its ok for now and they left it since i'm planning on putting on coilovers in the near future. Tom- I'm going to get new rims for the front that have less offset. Probably almost go stock offset to bring the tires in.
  13. G

New Front End

I got my truck back from Baker Motorsports with a new wider front end. I had extended beams and new radius arms put on. The beams are 4" wider per side. Next on the list are now coilovers. The front sits a little lower since the springs are bowed, but once i recover from this the coilovers...
  14. G

Pismo the weekend of June 2nd.

Think i might be out. My truck is still in the shop.
  15. G

Is it me or is everyone stuck on flowmaster?

True havnig flow is good. BUt when you have an engine that requires some backpressure havnig to much flow can hurt you. Just have to find a balance and know what product you are dealing with and how to maximize the performance.
  16. G

Is it me or is everyone stuck on flowmaster?

I have 2 mufflers that i run. I have a 2.25" magnaflow i run everyday and a 2.25" 2chamber 40 series flowmaster i run for smog. I run both just depends on my mood. From what i can tell from what i have: The magnaflow gives me more backpressure and when floored has a more even pull throughout...
  17. G

33x12.5x15 help

35's fit with some minor trimming with a 4" lift.
  18. G

Since Colin is going to ramp his rig i should try mine too.
  19. G

That sounds like a good idea. Would be a good way to introduce more people to the outdoors and what their stock rigs can actually do.
  20. G

Getting the 2wd Trail Ready

mileage with the gears is all depending on how you drive and what tires you have. See some might say that even though you have lower gears (higher number) your mileage will go down. This isn't always true since the motor will have less strain on it to pull the same weight. If you want to...
  21. G

Getting the 2wd Trail Ready

unless you're in snow just get a detroit. Strong and dont have to worry about other things. Remember the more choices you have the more that can go wrong. ha. If you plan to stay with 33's then 4.10 would be ok but if you go 35 then you need 4.56.
  22. G

Wider beams

So i realize i'm on crack and am spending money on my truck that was going to sell. Baker Motorsports are building 4 inch wider beams for my truck. I'm going to sell my drop down brackets when the beams are on. I'll take some pics of this little journey.
  23. G

Truckhaven Pot Luck Sign-Up

I'll look for a good SIPPING tequila. Good tequila is not meant for shooting;) . Think of it as more of something to keep you warm when its fricking cold. I'm coming out for the day and can bring whatever you guys need. Let me know.
  24. G

Truckhaven Pot Luck Sign-Up

You want me to bring the large bottle of Patron Silver?
  25. G

Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread

Replacing the Tie Rods and Ball joints wasnt cheap and that was doing it myself (w/dad). So i look with as much as money as i spent, i should get some enjoyment out of it before i set it off to pasture.
Back