Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

1998 Explorer xlt

Sploders got a winch and a bumper. Gunna need a tranny soon and I'm building a doubler. More pics to come.
  2. 9

transmission question

I have a 98 explorer xlt with a 4.0ohv and and automatic, im going to need a tranny and was wondering if the transmission out of a 5.0 would bolt up and work in this. I read these trannys have a little lower ratio and it might help out more because im running 38s. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. 9

1998 Explorer xlt

front crossmember and shackles steering box, plates, shock tower, trackbar mount and frame support
  4. 9

1998 Explorer xlt

ill take pics when I have time, heres one from 2011 on rattlers tail (black 2) at paragon with 32s
  5. 9

1998 Explorer xlt

I have a 98 explorer xlt that I bought when I was 15. Shes still running but last year I decided to straight axle it on a budget. Had a dana 44 but couldn't find any parts for it in any local junkyards. So I scrapped it and picked up a dana 30 cheap that is holding up surprisingly well...
  6. 9

Need help with my straight axle explorer!!

And as the tranny gets hotter the tires dont want to move more
  7. 9

Ive been pricing a 4.3.1 atlas
  8. 9

I have a straight axle 98 explorer 4.0 ohv automatic with a manual shift bw1354. Its got 4.10 gears and 38.5 boggers on steel wheels. Problem is when rock crawling it has a rough time spinning the tires. It wont move and the tranny doesnt slip its almost like it doesnt have the power. Yesterday...
  9. 9

dana 44...need help!!!!!

Im almost done with my sas. Started with a 44 then realized junkyards dont have many wagoneers. So i couldnt get parts and went with a 30 with 4.10s. If i break **** its getting trussed with chromolly shafts and new gears. Its also going to be running 38.5 inch boggers lol
  10. 9

Bw 1354 manual shift question

I have the linkage hooked up. Cut a hole on the floor. So thats all good. There was a circular white piece of plastic that i broke that was at the end of the linkage the transfer case. Does that connect it
  11. 9

The only thing im Lost with is bolting the linkage to the case.. I feel like im missing a piece
  12. 9

Basically all i need to know is what has to bolt up to my tranny, and how to hook up the linkage to the t case
  13. 9

I have the transfer case its going in a 98 explorer. Can someone tell me or show pics on how to set the linkage up and how the linkage connects to the transfer case.
  14. 9

Welder

What brand and size is a good welder to use for a sad without spending a fortune
  15. 9

Bw 1354 manual

Do they come in the 2.9? Would that bolt up in a 4.0 ex
  16. 9

Bw 1354 manual

What vehicles have them. Other than older explorers
  17. 9

Need advice for sas steering box

I have the ohv. Also what drive shafts did you use for the manual tcase. I like how you set up the shifter
  18. 9

None really explain the lines or what modifications were done
  19. 9

I have a 98 ex and im lookin to do a sad this spring, lookin for info on how to set up the steering, im using .25steel plates for support, how should i run the power steering? What will i need to do this conversion
  20. 9

extended brake lines

where do you guys find them for a 98 xlt SOA. i need rear brakes linez that are longer
  21. 9

gutting out a cat

i have a woods explorer, no title. if i punch out the 2 cats will anything happen since there is an o2 sensor in one
  22. 9

brake problem

put new front pads on my truck, now theres a terrible grinding noise like metal on metal. any ideas ??
  23. 9

superlift perches

where to buy? links? please and thank you
  24. 9

need help asap with shifter

98 explorer, the selecter says R wen in park and N when in reverse, and so on, i noticed inside the gauge cluster the wire that moves the arrow is stretched, how do i change this or fix this
Back