Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Factory remote start - need help!

I followed the wires as you mentioned. That diode and small relay checked out ok too. Still not remote starting!!
  2. M

Rumrcity, THANK YOU! I'm gonna try tracing the wires tomorrow.
  3. M

Clunking noise related to ac/heat

Just started hearing a clunking noise from the dash area below the radio. It's some kind of damper moving open and closed noise. If I turn the Fan on to high - it stops immediately and it isn't a problem til I start it the next day. Any ideas. Thank you
  4. M

Yes. The module came with a coil for around the key too. With the key on, I hold the valet button in and the horn beeps three times. Do the same thing again and it also beeps three times. Not sure which setting was valet mode but the start didn't work in either. The fact that the remote start...
  5. M

Remote start - replaced bypass - still not working I was confident my issue was related to the PATS bypass module so I installed a new one, DEI 556SW. Both old and new module have 12V input when I send the remote start command, however, the is no ouput voltage whatsoever going to the coil...
  6. M

Ok, what's involved with reprogramming the PATS bypass?
  7. M

Brian, can I ask a couple more. Does this look like a code alarm from the photo? Any other place that there would be another remote start component where i could get the model info? My theft light does flash when it attempts to start? Thanks Mark
  8. M

ok. checked the wire (ribbon cable) around the ignition, it's ok. I found the small remote start module but there is no sticker or info on it, it's nothing more than an small circuit board covered with epoxy in a box. I'll try to get some info and call them. Thanks again
  9. M

Thanks for the info. The small module under the dash says FORD security, assume that might be it? I did search some posts on here and saw the method of testing the bypass system, placing a spare key in the ignition, sure enough it started. Im going to check the wiring around the ignition at...
  10. M

Hey, have a 2002 and my factory remote start is not working. I press the keypad button and the horn sounds, dash lights on, etc, it thinks its running but it never cranks! Anyone know where I should look first? Seems like a relay or fuse issue where it's failing to initiate the start command...
  11. M

Cruise Control problem on 2002

I have an early model 02 explorer and am having issues with the CC. When I set the CC the green light comes on and stays on but occaisionally it will not hold the set speed and it drops off. Two other times it did the opposite; it got stuck on and I had to apply some pressure on the brake and...
  12. M

Stuck in Park

I had this on the new member forum, but I'm going to try this one too. My 2002 Explorer sometimes gets stuck in park. It just happened at the gas station and I put my foot out and rocked the car a bit and it came right out of gear. If it was something electrical related I don't think rocking...
  13. M

My 2002 gets stuck in park.

My 2002 Explorer sometimes gets stuck in park. It just happened at the gas station and I put my foot out and rocked the car a bit and it came right out of gear. If it was something electrical related I don't think rocking it would help right? Also, using the search feature I learned about the...
  14. M

Cruise control won't deactivate

If I remove that switch on the master cyl do you loose fluid? Is the switch actually in contact with the brake fluid? Thanks
  15. M

Thanks , I understand!
  16. M

Could someone explain the cruise recall on the 2002? Was it just an inline fuse or was I supposed to get a new switch on the master cylinder. I used the search on this site and most had issues with their cruise not turning on, mine won't turn off occasionaly. Think Ford would fix it no charge...
  17. M

New member here! Have an 02 EXP and occaisonaly the cruise control will stick on and I'll have to press on the brake pedal very hard to deactivate. I had the recall done but I think that was only to install an inline fuse?? Any thoughts, I think the switch on the brake pedal may be having...
Back