Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Roof Rail Separating

Lol what a useless roof rail
  2. 1

2020 Explorer

Lol Ford is trying to cheapen the Explorer in design so the Aviator has a reason to sell to people who want a luxury car. What a joke. I really hate the front look. It looks like a bug.
  3. 1

2020 Explorer

This looks hideous IMO... The front looks like a bug to me or an old guy frowning. Not a fan...
  4. 1

Brake pads for 2016 explorer - ceramic or semi metallic?

To me, I would never sacrifice braking performance for a little more rim cleaning convenience. I'd say stick with the semi-metallic because you never know when you have to make an emergency stop and it would save you.
  5. 1

2020 Explorer

The 3.0L turbo engine is definitely dual injection because it started out as a Lincoln only engine.
  6. 1

2020 Explorer

I agree. Looks like Ford does not know how to make a first year car... I bought 3 new Fords. Fusion (2013) which had so many quality issues and to this day provides some mechanical issues like poor shifts and rough idles. Explorer (2011) which has been to the dealership over 10 times. The F150...
  7. 1

2020 Explorer

That is probably better anyway because I bet the deals for the 2019 Explorer would be fantastic by then because dealers need to clear their inventory and it's easier to negotiate the price down. So it's a win-win situation for him imo.
  8. 1

2020 Explorer

Wait for 2020 Explorer. Why buy essentially the same car as your current car with just some slight changes when you can get a vehicle that actually has true improvements.
  9. 1

2020 Explorer

The Bronco and the Explorer have literally switched places. The Bronco used to be on the F150 chassis. The Explorer used to be on the Ranger chassis. Now the Bronco is going to sit on the Ranger chassis.
  10. 1

2020 Explorer

The Bronco will most likely be an Everest copy.
  11. 1

loose steering?

Maybe it’s the epas versus hydraulic steering that makes it feel like that. Also, I feel like the steering wheel gets loose or has play overtime as the car ages. Not sure if that’s normal
  12. 1

2020 Explorer PIU

I really hope the 2020 Explorer hybrids will be fast. Hoping they will be plug in electric as it would be really useful for workplaces that have free charging and it would save so much on electricity costs. After getting a Tesla Model S and feeling the instant torque electric motors provide...
  13. 1

How many miles is too many when buying?

It's a great and dependable car drivetrain wise except for the PTU and waterpump. However, anything that breaks, the dealer will charge an arm and a leg for. Also, this car has more maintenance to do than your Honda... 7 & 1/2 years of ownership so far with my 2011 Explorer and I have 99K miles...
  14. 1

Standard duty brakes upgrade to heavy duty

I upgraded mine myself a while back and the links below show all the parts needed. Huge improvement in braking and no more warped rotors!!! One note, find the police interceptor calipers instead as they have a higher heat resistant sillicone in the calipers. I left a comment in the reviews in...
  15. 1

Knocking when turning right

This happened to me when my Explorer was at 20K miles. It would always happen when the car was at rest first and then a turn to the right made a popping/ rubbing sound. I was never ever able to reproduce with the dealer so I never got it fixed... I think the noise is probably the strut/ strut...
  16. 1

2013 Explorer XLT AC melted?

Happened to me... Lol...
  17. 1

AC not blowing cold

I am sure it was the low pressure side as that one is the one with the smaller port. I double checked the low pressure side, it is high for some reason. I got the trouble codes below B1081:13 and B1082:13 code is being given. Left and right temperature damper motor. Not sure what this code...
  18. 1

AC not blowing cold

I can hear the clutch engage every time I hit the A/C switch. I tried to check the system pressure and the pressure in the system seemed pretty high at 130 PSI on the low pressure side. I used a screwdriver and let out some of the pressure and it seemed like a lot of air coming out. The blower...
  19. 1

AC not blowing cold

Hello, My A/C for some reason stopped blowing cold air. I can hear the clutch engage. The system pressure was pretty high so I let out some pressure. Does anyone know what might be the culprit?
  20. 1

Transmission swap

Absolutely not. The 10r80 is for RWD based vehicles and the 6f55 is for FWD based. Also, I don’t even think you can fit the 9 speed automatic in there.
  21. 1

2020 Explorer or Aviator?

Ford loses money on cars because Ford does not make a decent car... They look good but reliability and quality is trash for their sedans.
  22. 1

2020 Explorer PIU

Lets hope they hurry up production because this review is not good for them: Crash tests reveal major flaws in popular midsize SUVs
  23. 1

2020 Explorer PIU

I really like the new proportions and look. Here is an article with the front of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind getting that to replace my current Explorer: This Is the 2020 Ford Explorer (In Cop-Car Form, at Least)! | News | Car and Driver
  24. 1

Transmission slams into gear so hard that it feels like I just got rear ended

There was a TSB for the transmission slamming into gear. I had that happen to me when I first got the car. It just happened to me in traffic as well.
Back