Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Tranny removal

I am removing my transmission to replace my slave cylinder. If I never have to remove it again I will be happy. Well its off and all the parts that are off because of it, what are some common things I might want to replace to save time and effort down the road?
  2. K

Loss of pressure in clutch system

There also appears to be a leak coming from the gap just behind the oil pan drain plug. Clutch housing i believe. It could be from spillage from the bleeding though. I never noticed a drip before
  3. K

Loss of pressure in clutch system

Change my oil, spark plugs and wires yesterday. Started the vehicle, 92 explorer xl, went to put it into gear and it grinded, stalled and the clutch lost all pressure. This had happened before so I bleed the system. Got pressure back, started the vehicle and the clutch immediately lost pressure...
  4. K

Clutch won't engage

Okay thanks alot man, ill check the fluid level when I get home
  5. K

Clutch won't engage

K thanks. How do I bleed the system? Also, could it been that a line or something burst due to the cold? I don't see why it would go from working fine to not working at all if the fluid was low but I will check.
  6. K

Clutch won't engage

Last night I drove my 91 explorer to school. Everything was fine. Park outside in about -25 degree celius weather. Left it parked in 1st gear. Went to turn it on and it instantly stalled and the clutch pedal had no pressure. Easy to push down and took like 10 seconds to return to place. It would...
  7. K

15X9 and 3/4" wheels

I found a set of 4 15 x 9 and 3/4" wheels with 3" offset from a bronco for $125 my question is on a 92' xl with 3" of body lift, aal, shackles and f150 coil spacers. Would these rims work with 33x12.5 tires. From what I have read these tires wont work on stock rims but just wanted to see if they...
  8. K

Steering mods

Is there any mods to help tighten up steering on my 92 xl. All parts are in good condition or have been replaced so I need some mods. Any suggestions? I have searched but there is so much info that it can get confusing, if your willing can someone explain to me in about a paragraph or two what...
  9. K

Project Jeepeater (98 4dr 4.0L)

How long are the shackles?
  10. K

R.J.'s Elite Navajo Registry.... I Think It's About Time

Looks great man. I just love the look of two door lifted suv's! What are you needing to do to the rear still? And how much did that cost for the full width 8.8?
  11. K

PeytonX

Have ran into a few problems lately which has taken funds away from my lifting allowance. Had the funds for a 3" bodylift, 2in skyjacker with shackles and new shocks all around but that will have to wait. I have been having electrical issues lately. My volt gauge has been bouncy and my battery...
  12. K

Negitive Ground

I am having troubles with my volt meter bouncing. I have search around and believe after changing alternator and not having it fixed that it is probably a bad ground. Can I connect a wire directly from battery to frame or body?
  13. K

amp meter and battery light

so i decided to just go ahead and replace the alternator. this solved the battery light but my volt meter is still jumping. not as bad but still jumping. Could it be that the battery just needs to recharge. Or could something else be the problem?
  14. K

I need another 1" of lift after the F150 spacers

1.5" skyjacker springs. I don't believe there is anything else unless a bigger spacer in the first place
  15. K

Ya sorry I got the two terms confused. How would I go about checking the wiring?
  16. K

dash volt meter and battery light My volt meter on my dash is very jumpy going from about 10 to 14 and my battery light comes on. The light isn't constant and fades in and out. So I replaced my alternator and the battery light went away and the volt meter is less jumpy but still...
  17. K

clicking from front wheel

It could be the wheel bearings if you havent checked already. Also, is it for sure from the front wheel or could it be coming from below the drivers feet. I had this problem and the sound was tricking me on where it was coming from. Anyways that turned out to be the radius arm bushings
  18. K

Cheap lifts and problems

Ya I might end up just waiting on the larger tires till I get the money for gears. How much do you think I would be looking to pay for 4.88 regearing?
  19. K

Cheap lifts and problems

I have been searching around looking on how I want to lift my '92 xl. I have been debating getting a 2" body lift and a 4" suspension lift from rough country. However, I heard that they can sometimes break the front axle while offroading? However, I am not into offroading tough lines but instead...
  20. K

Body lift.

Can you explain this more? Why would you need a full shop for the 3" but not the 2"
  21. K

bigger tires

I wouldn't go much bigger than stock personally.
  22. K

cold start

I'm sorry its really hard to understand your post?? Does it not start then after plugging in the block heater it starts?
  23. K

Lifting

I think the consensus here is that for 1-2in of lift either skyjacker 2" springs or coil spacers in the front and shackles or add a leaf or both in the back
  24. K

New Cargo compartment

Unfortunately no. I have run low on money and my future lift, gears and tires took priority
  25. K

how to lift my explorer?

For a simple and cheap lift I would recommend going with shackles and aal in the rear and f150 coil spacers or skyjacker 2" lift springs for the front. If you do some looking around there is how to threads on all of these. I could be wrong but in terms of lift I am not sure if f150 coils are...
Back