Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Roof Rack

grommet I got some antena grommet, I drilled the roof. I applied some silicone on the contacting lips. I have get last year some rain and no leaks, I liked the way this proyect came. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320302
  2. A

Roof Rack

I like your ligths" I like yours PIAAs! Here are mine LOL. And probably I will get another pair for the grille.
  3. A

My 98 Died

fuel filter Did you replace also your fuel filter?
  4. A

Thermostat replaced after heated...

compression readings Finally, I change my spark plugs this past weekend, also I confirmed pressure. 145 140 135 140 140 135 what do you think about these readings? In some thread I read that the maximum difference should be less than 75 psi, so I think I should have no problems...
  5. A

new 33s now with pic

By the way, I have the bl and shackles waiting to be installed Nice X you have there! Btw, I have the bl and shackles same than you waiting to be installed, at this moment I think I would like to go to 35's instead of 33's, I know it could take a lot of things in order to go up to 35, but I...
  6. A

inside tire wear

I get my tires aligned, rotated and balced for $40, nice change, stering wheel is good centered. I had also the inside wear at my fronts. In my case it started after I hit a rock on the highway during a hard rain a couple of months ago, I wish I would have taken before to alignement in order to...
  7. A

unique starting issue with details (please help!)

fuel pressure & batt load I would suggest to confirm the fuel pressure to be hold after shut off. Also to confirm the batt charge. Some time ago my batt was aged and kind of hard start showed.
  8. A

oil change yes, I will add to my "to do" list. Thanks, everything looks fine for now.
  9. A

XLT 98 SOHC V6 4wd Well, last weekend I changed the thermostat housing, It cracked and the coolant was empty. As I saw the temperature raised to the top, I parked inmediatly and call for a tow. When I stoped and open the hood I realize the problem, the termostat housing was broken. As I...
  10. A

94 Explorer help. Possible fried PCM or Cam sensor

I would also suggest to check fuel pump pressure, have you replaced you fuel filter lately? Regards
  11. A

94 Explorer help. Possible fried PCM or Cam sensor

Cel? Did you check CEL? any way I would check for codes.
  12. A

No manual 1st gear after 5r55e valvebody swap

Hello dear forum: I just finished my swap of valve body on my 98 xlt automomatic trans (5R55R). I get my valve body from central valve body (excellent service!!!). In fact I used the explorer forum discount. I had the common codes and shift flares. Everything looks good now, BUT when I want...
  13. A

How to: 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary

fluid on vb change I have a question, I am about to do my vb this weekend. By doing this, how much fluid do I need? I understand that from the manual 10 quarts are required (4x4 sohc 98), but also I have read that around half of the fluid will remain in the sytem and I should need maybe around...
  14. A

5R55E - Stairway to a Diary (Companion Thread to the 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary)

Fluid capacity I have a question, I am about to do my vb this weekend. By doing this, how much fluid do I need? I understand that from the manual 10 quarts are required (4x4 sohc 98), but also I have read that around half of the fluid will remain in the sytem and I should need maybe around 5...
  15. A

Modifying my rack

thanks yavapires. I did a little search over here and it looks that I have a 95 amp alt, I believe the limited has a 130 amp. Is it easy to identify a 130 from a 95 amp alt? on saturday I saw a xplorer limited on a yunk yard that I would like to swap the seats among another things, maybe the alt...
  16. A

is this possible???

I just did mine and had same issue I just did mine a couple of weeks ago and had same issue. In the inside, there is a brass nut holding the sensor thread, it looks that some plastic of the housing it broke, and allowed the sensor to spin together with the nut. It looks that is is necesary...
  17. A

Modifying my rack

I think I migth be afraid of the dark because I still thinking about adding another pair of ligths to the front end....
  18. A

Modifying my rack

they brigth!!! Well, I just took a couple of pics on nite. They look g r e a t... Saludos Aguila Azteca desde Querétaro,México!!!:salute:
  19. A

Questions going to 35"

Hello: I am planing on doing the tt & shackles and a bl in a couple of months. I also would like to fit some 35". I know that I will be cutting a couple of inches with a sawsall. I have read that several people regear the rear diff when going with big tires. my question is: Is it...
  20. A

First time Ford owner... (pics)

Did the kickers fits on oem place? could you show some pics? I would like to do the same.
  21. A

Im back w/ more problems. When I stop it stops! wtf

fuel filter? How long that you last time replace your fuel filter?
  22. A

Water Leaks onto Rear Headrests ?

rack load? Hello: I had the same issue little time ago when I made a custom roof rack on my exp xlt, It seams that I tigth too much to the roof rails and I was opening some seals. I get water leak inside. I loosen a little one of the screws and everitying back to normality. I thing it is...
  23. A

Modifying my rack

My PIAA`s 580 installed finally! Well, they are finally on my rack. I still need to aligne them. They look great. I still need to take them some shoots on nigth, the ligth up great yesterday nigth. I passed the wires through the roof, something that I find during an antenna that I installed...
  24. A

Can the CEL be permanantly turned off???

check when turning on the key switch I know that the bulb must be working fine if at turning on the key swich you see that the cel ligths up (as well as all the others), then after some seconds they must came off.
Back