Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Accidently hot-wired my explorer last night

what color is the wire? under the glove box? Would that wire work for a push button start?
  2. F

floor shifter ?

cool idea. is there a shifter i could use to manually shift through gears on an automatic? Like, have park, neutral, 1,2,3,4. That would be badass
  3. F

My explorer! Thanks to everyone on EF

Not a sticker haha, used painters tape over the lights, cut out the logo, used vht night shades over it to black them out, peel the tape off. i can get some more photos tomorrow
  4. F

New guy. A comment and a tire question.

Personally i like the look of the raised white letters out, but really its up to you and what you like. http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353645 Theres pics of my ex, black with black wheels and white letters out... although for some reason cant really see it in the pics..
  5. F

iPhone and OEM Radio.

No, sorry that wont work. You could get an FM transmitter, or get a radio that has bluetooth or usb plugin.
  6. F

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this site, very helpful! Any questions/comments/suggestions? Will be updating with more pics.
  7. F

Started with this TT and shackles $10 light bar 3" body lift and 33s tail light blackout
  8. F

Re-gearing question

You'd have to recalibrate the speedometer, you can do this with an SCT tuner. Its possible that a ford dealership could do it for you, not sure on that.
  9. F

Leveling shackles

It shouldn't be a problem.
  10. F

shackle problems

I have the auto zone shackles. If you only plan on doing some light trails and going through mud, they'll be fine. The bolt on the stock shackles is to big for the hole in the new ones. just drill the hole big enough or use the bolts that came with the new one. I've had mine on for a little over...
  11. F

bullet proof differential?

My 98 was doing the same thing... when put into drive the driveshaft would turn about 1/4 turn. I replaced the u-joint at the rear differential and at the transfer case. No more problems. Pop the differential cover off, see whats going on in there.
  12. F

bullet proof differential?

sounds like a bad u joint to me.. crawl under and try moving the driveshaft up/down and try turning it, watch the u joint while doing this. you'll be able to see if its shot.
  13. F

another 33"" fitment thread

you can put 33/12.50s on 15x7 rims but on your stock rims you will most likely rub.
  14. F

Help... Are these the right shackles that i need???

If you dont do any crazy offroading, you can get lift shackles at advance auto, auto zone etc. for about $20.. I've had them on mine for a little over a year now with no problems, and they have seen plenty of mud haha
  15. F

Lifting a 97?

TT in the front and shackles in the rear will give you about 2 inches of lift and could do 3 inch body lift for about 5 inches. size tires want to run?
  16. F

oil change after seafoam into vacum line?

seafoam through the vac line wont get it into the oil. If you pour it in the oil, id change it within 100 miles at least.
  17. F

headlight issues need help asap

Yes, if the wire shorted, it would have blown the fuse. How did you check the fuse? i've seen some that looked ok, but werent.
  18. F

Body lift Problem HELP!

I used a pair of channel locks to hold the metal part under the bushing from spinning while a friend loosened the bolt. Yes, blocks go on top of bushings.
  19. F

4x4 question

You dont have limited slip. I dont either, but sometime all 4 do spin, sometimes they dont.
  20. F

4x4 question

If you look at your door sticker, look for axle code, post it here someone will tell you if you have limited slip or not. Upload you picture to http://imageshack.us/ and post the link to you picture.
  21. F

Starter Doesn't Respond

Try starting the truck in neutral, reverse, drive ect. then you'll know if its something with the safety switch. maybe you got a bad battery, try jumping it. Sorry cant be more help, not in the right state of mind at the moment:chug:
  22. F

New shackles arrives today - any other way to lift the front?

The ride doesn't get that much worse, it feels like the suspensions a little bit stiffer. I actually like it better, but you may not. Torsion keys are a waste of money, get the same results for free with a socket.
  23. F

URGENT!! Charging problem!

Fuses blowing is a good sign that a wire is shorted to ground
  24. F

Synthetics

Mobil 1 full synthetic 10w30, motorcraft plugs/wires. Do not go to advance auto for a belt, i replaced mine 2 times with one from advace, belt was getting ripped all up. Went to napa, and been good for a month now.
  25. F

are there any shackles on the market that give you more lift than the 2" with 153's?

Ok. I'm not sure if you can fit 33s with 2 inch lift, unless you do a bit of trimming. The only shackles i know of only lift 2 inches. If you don't do any major off roading, you can get lift shackes at autozone, advance auto, etc. for about $17. Thats what im using, no problems with them after...
Back