Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

For Sale '92 Sport Supercharged, Lifted (4"), 5 speed Manual, 4x4

Hey, im very interested. If you don't mind maybe just texting me though? Just north of you in WYO
  2. A

Dually explorer?

Go for it man. But before you do, take all the advice possible from this forum. It is an absolutely terrible idea as far as functionality goes, it will make your tires stick all the way out, explorers are excellent on the trails because they aren't fullsize, it would cost a fortune... BUT ... It...
  3. A

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

^^^ thats crazy !!!! I may have to dress up my boat a little ... still a zapv zombie assault preparedness vessel !
  4. A

35" on 6in lift

I second that !
  5. A

Sport Trac re-power

This is so badass.
  6. A

How to disable factory alarm?

Damn kid returned my keys. all of them except my door/ignition key and key fob. i drove to class, they were obviously on there. I wanna kick his ass !!!!
  7. A

Black Ice equals bent rim, axle, shackle, u-bolts and busted rearend gears... WTH !!!

Wow man sorry to hear about this ! good luck on repairs !!
  8. A

Well looks like in the next couple days I'll have keyless entry anyway... Some dumbshit in class asked me if i was missing a set of keys. O god I was pissed got in his face and all, seriously...je takes them, obviously not his to begin with.. and keeps them for a week and a half. ahh That...
  9. A

Well after a bit of a process I figured out how to make it work. There is a number of connectors back there, once I got the right one I had to leave the key on, then plug in the battery. Now I don't have keyless entry or an alarm, but I'm workin with a guy to get a new fob. Only problem is...
  10. A

Okay got it to work. Now any advice on how to get a new key fob ??
  11. A

Any more advice on this ... I lost my keys to my 94xlt, including the keyless entry. That was always the only way I could turn the alarm off, and I cant get it to a shop. Every time I plug in the battery, the damn alarm goes off. Pics or somethin of exactly what to connect and disconnect, I...
  12. A

wrecked explorer need advice

Looks like you rolled it !! find out how much damage there is, if you can restore it to a good toy, do it for 1800 or less ! Junkyard panels and body pieces are dirt cheap.
  13. A

Treadwright tires anyone?

i've got about 4-5k on mine and look like brand new !!! Do exceptionally well in the snow. Pulled my trailer and gf's sled up the mountain a few weeks ago, road had about 10-12 inches of fresh pow, im stock.... blazed trail past 3/4 ton trucks stuck in the middle of the road. .. pulling about...
  14. A

Best Airdown Method/Tool?

Okay call me stupid ... but I don't understand why pushing the valve stem in with like a pocket knife or screw driver and checking when gettin close is a bad method ... may take 5 minutes for all 5 but I got a good digital pressure guage for like 5 bucks ... just wonderin there's a lot i don't...
  15. A

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Not doin much for mods til summer .. (cold enough to kill zombies in wyo) But has anybody taken ZAPV #69 ??? I'm fixin on bein prepared :)
  16. A

Oil Change interval

maybe they know something we don't ....
  17. A

i have a question...

manual hubs are more reliable ... last longer so i've heard. my 94 has manual hubs, work like a charm. when its snowy for a few days i just leave them in, and have 4x4 whenever. my dad has automatic hubs on his 02, POS. replaced and it has less than 100k my 94 has 130k and hubs are in excellent...
  18. A

my sons new to him 98 lifted

Awesome truck, but with that wheel tire setup its dangerous. Like mentioned above it may be a bit of a tippy stance. I once saw a writeup on here about 1.5" body lift done by cutting the body spacers in half with a bandsaw, and only using half of them. you could look into it, as it would cut the...
  19. A

EF "Regular" Moab Trip

May try to make this trip!!
  20. A

The sas of Betty Ford

Best thread ive seen in a long time. Bookmarking this for this summer, where I will replicate your exact project hopefully with the same finesse. Excellent job, now hurry up and get this B!+(# wheelin !!!!
  21. A

Lift Kit parts

interested. shipping to 82601 ?
  22. A

For Sale Parting out 1993 Explorer 4x4

found what i needed locally, just the steering box and my pitman worked just fine!! appreciate it though and good luck! cheers, al
  23. A

on board power house

If i was really into subwoofers ... that'd be how i'd do my box!!! Always dreamed up somethin like that .. nice writeup !!!!
  24. A

For Sale First Gen 4" Front end lift from Explorer $230 + shipping

well i wouldnt call myself an expert, but i'm no beginner. I like to hear that about the hardest part though, I have those to where i can get them off with my fingers... and a box end of course. If you could do 250 shipped, and noone wants it before i can get it, it's a done deal.
Back