Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Slight Vibration/Noise From Rear

I have a 2004 XLT V6 w/o traction control and I've been noticing at times a slight vibration when accelerating from a stop most often while turning. I haven't seen anything in the forums that really tells me the problem. I would appreciate the help as we love our vehicle and want to keep her...
  2. M

Overheating issues

thanks... It was a faulty thermostat... stuck shut and ended up with an air pocket in the hose... Nevermind... It did it again... This time we started the vehicle and let idle for about a minute so that everything is flowing and then we start driving. Not speeding or accelerating too...
  3. M

Problem with Coolant

Thanks p71... I figured it out the next day... My thermostat housing unit was the culprit... Like you said the coolant mixture was low and water froze in the unit and small 3 inch hose underneath it... Housing unit was an older one and the back wall was worn down quite a bit and as is with all...
  4. M

Overheating issues

Ok guys I need some help... I have an 04 explorer V6 and its acting strange. I live in montana so it gets cold. Coolant was low and the heater wouldn't get hot right away and would only blow hot air while we were driving. I added some coolant and viola problem solved. Yesterday we get on...
  5. M

Problem with Coolant

I own an '04 Exp. 6 cyl, 4wd. Any and all help is greatly appreciated... Ok here's the problem thus far from beginning to end... 2 weeks ago wife goes out to vehicle and starts it up... Lets it run for about 30 minutes. Takes it on a short drive and leaves it idling for an additional 30...
  6. M

4x4 hight blinks, (ABS) on -> message Check Advtrac

I'm having this same problem with my '04... I don't have the Advance-trac... So I have the 3 sensors (2 front and 1 rear diff)... The brakes work fine and the abs will occasionally engage while in a normal braking situation... other than that it works great... Could it just be the rear sensor...
  7. M

Problems with 2004 XLT Air & Heat...

4.0l XLT will only blow hot air with no way of directing it. When you turn the heater on it comes out of the floor and vents mostly but still comes out of defrost and window vents. Also hardly any heat coming from rear heater in middle console. There is no A/C at all. I don't hear a sound from...
Back