Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1996 Exploder XLT 4wd with the 4.0 OHV. 186,000 miles on the ticker and still going. :D
  2. 9

My 96 XLT 4wd Xplorer "Roxanne"

Slight change of plans. I let my father in law who is a professional paint and body man take a look at the ole girl. After much examination and thorough discussion I have decided to look for an explorer in good shape that just needs a transmission and purchase that and take the transmission out...
  3. 9

which wax?

Don't go cheap on the wax. Meguiar's makes great products imo. I use meguiars gold class once a year, and for all the times in between the yearly coats of meguiars I use turtle wax ice synthetic liquid wax(I love that ****). Cant go wrong with meguiars though imo. :D
  4. 9

Paint my Trim White to Match Exterior Color

Most go with painting the ugly faded gray tupperware on the exterior of their exploders black (my personal favorite) but you could do it in whatever color you would like to. As far as gloss, good luck with the worn exterior vinyl. If it were me I would sand the tupperware a little with fine grit...
  5. 9

Faded Plastic Door Panels, Vinyl Dye?

Mr. clean magic erasers and alot of elbow grease. Afterwards use a good conditioner of your choice (armor all, black magic, etc your choice of brand). You would be surprised to see what the magic erasers and the conditioner does for the panels. :D
  6. 9

Cigarette smell. How do I get rid of it?

I would get the upholstery shampooed and steam cleaned.
  7. 9

Yeah I agree that the gearing just depends on the person and what the main use of the vehicle is. For starters though, I want to get the warrior shackles, do the tt, and get some 31x10.50's and then go from there. Gotta sell some **** so I can get started, haha :D.
  8. 9

Thanks for the info Glen4x4. That clears up a lot. :thumbsup:
  9. 9

My exploder

That sucks cause those 44 series sound so badass. Anyway the 40 series sound realy good, I had them on my 03 F150 Fx4 5.4l. If you open up the throttle the 40 series really has a nice grumble. :thumbsup:
  10. 9

My 96 Ex

Nice x. I really like what you have done with the cb, stereo system, and neons. May I suggest possibly a lift in the future? Shackles with a tt and bigger tires to give that bad boy a little more altitude. Again though thats a clean x.
  11. 9

Thanks man. So you can have a manual shift transfer case with auto hubs? I'm sorry I'm asking alot of questions but I dont know all this stuff. I can always use good advice and help from guys who have done ths stuff before, or know how to do it. All help is appreciated very much. :thumbsup:
  12. 9

Nice x u got there rickybobby. Thanks for the info on the tires :thumbsup:, when I get ready to buy I might take you up on that. Just depends if I could talk one of my buddies with a truck into making the drive wth me, haha. :D
  13. 9

Thats awesome I have never thought bout something like that. I guess its like they say necessity is the mother of invention. Yeah, Im on a tight budget that and about to be tighter cause my wife is getting ready to go through nursing school. Sigh, I should have named my exploder project brokeass...
  14. 9

The Executioner - My long overdue Explorer registry

Nice X man. I like the neons :).
  15. 9

'98 Limited street X - Pic's and breakdown of mod's.

Oh man that sucks :(. Nice x though. Im more of an off road guy but I gotta say thats one of the nicer street x's I have seen.
  16. 9

Thanks man and yeah I would definitely like to see some more local explorer enthusiasts.
  17. 9

My exploder

Nice limited x man. I love the headlights. They remind me of the halo lights I had in my 03 F150 fx4(sold) :(. Anyway just a suggestion if you want a deep grumble go with the flowmaster 44 series :thumbsup:. They have a very agressive tone and as far as I know are the loudest ones you can run...
  18. 9

Yessir that is most definitely in the plans. Actually will probably be one of the first things I do when I get the money saved to do it. Us firemen are poor, we gotta do stuff a little at a time :thumbsup: haha. Thanks for the advice man.
  19. 9

Glen4x4 thanks for the compliment and Im not really sure why I want to go to manual hubs I guess I figured alot of people go that way so it was the right way to go. If you have any good info. etc.. on this issue I would love to learn because I definitely don't know everything. Thanks...
  20. 9

:D Here they are as promised. Please dont be too harsh, I know the paint job sucks :(. Hopefully that will be changed very soon though. Any advice, comments, suggestions, etc... would be much appreciated from you guys.
  21. 9

I was unsuccessful taking pictures this evening when I got off :(. Ayways, I am off tomorrow so I will try to get a couple up tomorrow. :thumbsup:
  22. 9

Im at work right now but I am gonna try to get some pics posted later on this evening. :D
  23. 9

Hey guys I have been poking around here on the site for a little while now and I figured it was time to start my registry here. I have a 96 XLT 4wd xplorer with 185,000 miles on the clock. Everything on it is stock except for the paint which is a nightmare. The old adage you get what you pay for...
  24. 9

Emergency light install

BrianDye - red is illegal for me. Only police and high ranking fire officials (chief, Marshall) can run with anything other than blue. I will not be adding any strobes or anything. I think this is enough. Its crazy how laws are different about lights in different states. Im a full time fire...
  25. 9

Foxracin's 1991 Exploder

Foxracin, Dude thats a sweet rig you got there. I just stumbled across this thread like 2 days ago and I have been reading through it ever since. I have a 96 xlt 4wd and I am hoping to do a build similar to yours but maybe a little more mild(thats a word for I dont have the uncanny ability to...
Back