Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

My *****in' Frankn Bumpers by RLC Welding!

Four. Four googly-eyed drooling Sport Trac drivers. That is awesome!
  2. Z

fuel filter suprise

Good times. I changed mine very quickly with the tool as well. It was a pleasant surprise for me, since my truck originally came from Vermont. Everything else under there is rusty as hell. :D
  3. Z

Help... Are these the right shackles that i need???

I got my Warrior 153's from Amazon. They gave me just a little over 1.5" of lift when they got all settled in. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017M6F2W No image, but I promise, these are the right ones since I have them on my truck. Stay away from the $20 universal shackles. You can...
  4. Z

Stock head unit problems / questions

There are some very detailed threads here on how to install a double-DIN receiver in your Trac. It does require some minor trimming.
  5. Z

Upper control arm cam adjusters?

The Moog K80065 kits I ordered had two bolts with cam washers per kit. You will need one kit per side.
  6. Z

Rough idle?

I just wanted to close this out. I replaced my plug wires. To give credit where credit is due, my wife told me I should have done this when I changed the plugs. I knew this, but I was being a cheapskate I guess. I checked them for resistance, and let it go. The Number 3 wire was actually worn...
  7. Z

Skinny 33" Tires: 255/85R16

I know this is an older thread, but I'm digging on the look of the taller, skinnier tires. Kind of gives it that Land Rover look. I worked for a guy in high school who had an old Ford F250 with those tall, skinny mud tires on it. That damn thing would go anywhere on that hilly WV farm. We...
  8. Z

Front ABS sensors - 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

I just changed my hubs, so I can definitively say they are mounted on the hub/bearing assembly, not the knuckle. Since i replaced the whole hub, I'm not sure what the bolt size is on the sensor itself. The mount holding the ABS sensor wire to the knuckle was 8mm on my truck.
  9. Z

Got my lift done!

I just drove about 1500 miles to VA and back to 'Bama on this setup. I got better mileage staying below 70, but got in a hurry a few times. Best tank I got was around 15+ MPG, worst was a little over 14. Before that, I only got around 17 anyway with the roof rack. The truck has factory 4.10...
  10. Z

Got my lift done!

Thanks guys. Each and every one of you was an inspiration for the coolness. The write-ups and info are great. I can remember when I started spinning a wrench for fun, and all I had was a Chilton or Haynes manual and a set of Craftsman sockets. This is WAY better. Now, to just get that...
  11. Z

Got my lift done!

Thanks OffTrac! Yours was the first Estate Green Trac I saw on here. I was going to stay with the stock wheels, but the knucklehead that owned the truck before had put Fix-A-Flat in 3 of them. Flat out ruined the wheels. Anyway, thanks bro. I think our green Tracs look pretty darn good.
  12. Z

Got my lift done!

A good bit of trimming so far, yes. Still have a little rub at full lock. As soon as I can figure out where else it is rubbing, I'll get back under there with my cut-off wheel.
  13. Z

Got my lift done!

Thanks LONO! Watching you guys do your Tracs gave me all these ideas and the knowledge to most of it myself. I did ball joints and wheel bearings last week before I got the new wheels and tires and alignment done. And yes, the cladding is driving me crazy now...
  14. Z

Got my lift done!

Well, here she is. TT & Shackles, ProComp 15" Wheels, Yokohama Geloander 32x11.50's. What do you guys think? Never would have gotten it done without the forum.
  15. Z

Rough idle?

Anybody ever used this scan tool? Think it will give me the info I need to tell what my engine is doing? http://www.amazon.com/ElmScan-Compact-OBD-II-Diagnostic-Software/dp/B002PYBZJO/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1313449986&sr=1-6
  16. Z

Rough idle?

Is there a time frame or mileage interval that usually has to occur before they trip the CEL? Just ordered a gauge yesterday actually. I really appreciate all the feedback. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find. Once again, the community here is awesome! :D
  17. Z

Rough idle?

Well, I haven't thrown another code sine I replaced the vacuum elbow 2000 miles ago. That's what is confusing me. The Lean on both banks codes went away. I'm going to do the sparkplug wires, PCV and any other routine maintenance tasks you guys think may need to be done anyway. I'll squirt some...
  18. Z

Rough idle?

Checked them for resistance Pup, they were all in spec. That's a good idea though, nothing to be lost be changing plug wires.
  19. Z

Rough idle?

Any ideas? I'm thinking the popping/burbling in the air tube is a mis-fire. Since I'm not throwing any codes, I have no idea for sure. I had the whole fuel system cleaned at Express Lube about a year ago. I'm going to SeaFoam the engine anyway. Where should I look next? Other vacuum leaks? Bad...
  20. Z

Rough idle?

Had my 01 Job 2 Trac for about a year, and the forum has been great! Anyway, I've got some rough idle issues. Started off with the Lean Banks 1 & 2 codes, found the threads on the cracked vacuum elbow, and replaced that. It was cracked of course. Cleaned and tested the MAF. Cleaned the IAC...
  21. Z

Upper ball joint came out of spindle, pictures explain it all !!!

Dude, that's heinous. Hope rockauto comes correct for you.
  22. Z

Anime

Good seller! I bought some Actron Fuel and Oil Line tools from Anime. Best price I found on the 'net, he shipped them the same day I paid for them. They arrived in good order, and were exactly as advertised. Thanks Anime! Pleasure doing business with you.
  23. Z

Spark Plugs

I use an Actron I got from my brother. I found one on Amazon just now for $69.95. It is model number CP9550.
  24. Z

Spark Plugs

Make sure and use a little dielectric grease on the boot. I couldn't get mine to properly seat either without a little dab of grease.
  25. Z

Job1, job2

? Hey Rebel, the FAQ Sticky at the start of this forum lists the cuttoff date at June 24th 2000. I've got an '01 Trac built in 12/00 according to the sticker. My Oil Filler neck is on the passenger side. So basically, I thought I had a Job 2, but it's a Job1? Crap! What all do I need to be...
Back