Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

4.0 OHV Oil Filter Mount: quick questions

Hay explorer forums. I've got a 95' 4.0 OHV Explorer with a small leak that appears to be coming from the oil filter mount (not the filter). I've done some research and have even found another topic to reference. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233462 What I need to...
  2. V

1995 OHV no turn over on first crank

I do let the truck prime itself before ignition. I will investigate the relay and will see about measuring the fuel pressure just to rule anything else out. But could the relay really be causing this? I thought a relay was like a fuse; it either works or doesn't, right?
  3. V

1995 OHV no turn over on first crank

Hello explorer forum. I have a 95 OHV Explorer and I've been having trouble starting it. If my truck hasn't been used in a couple hours I find that the first crank will normally do nothing, but the second crank will start her up. For instance: If I do a quick first crank, stop, and do a second I...
  4. V

Ghetto Engineering Caliper Guide Pin Bolts

On inspection I found that they were grade 5 bolts. Good to know though. Thank you for the feedback. I believe I've got it under control.
  5. V

Thank you for the input. I will get my hacksaw and cut them down to size. Driving will be kept to a bare minimum and bolt checks performed periodically.
  6. V

Hello with a 95 explorer here. During a brake job I had the misfortune of losing both of my front right caliper guide pin bolts. After an extensive search I decided to just order a new set of bolts and guide pins, but it will take 3-4 days for it to arrive. To clarify I am NOT talking about the...
  7. V

Efficiency is money and I don't have any.

Hello Explorer forum! I have a 1995 V6 OHV 4speed automatic Ford Explorer XLT with over 300k miles on it and I come here today ashamed to say that I haven't been treating her well this last year. Money has been tight the last 6 month, I have been lazy the last 12, and the put offs are way over...
  8. V

1995 Explorer bad alternator

Well after a quick check at the shop I know for sure my alternators bad. I would like to get a higher amp alternator for future projects, but I don't NEED to spend the money atm. In fact standard alternators are a bit much, but I have to get it replaced. I may just go too the junkyard and get a...
  9. V

1995 Ford Explorer XLT, My Truck

Oh, fantastic. Well that shows what I don't know. Well it was an idea. I'll do it some day. Im not planing on doing all of this. Just asking about various things. My Explorer is mostly going to be on the streets. But I do camp. Lowering a truck can have large improvements are gas mileage...
  10. V

1995 Ford Explorer XLT, My Truck

Well, I've been lurking this forum for many years. Thought I'd finally post something. I've been interested in doing many ridiculous things to my truck over the years, (still considering Jurassic Park colors) but I now have a general idea of the direction I want to head. Once some money comes I...
Back