Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Acceleration issues

Well, I reckon I'm going to have to spend the 80-100 bucks for an MAF and start the exploration process in figuring this out. Thanks Guys and gals
  2. T

Acceleration issues

Well? The AF is dry and I replaced it when I cleaned the MAF. The fuel pressure I haven't checked yet because most of the time when it bogs down it spark knocks but I'll do that tomorrow morning after breakfast~ Thanks!
  3. T

Acceleration issues

Ok, 1st thing in the am... And yes, the MAF is the 1st thing I cleaned...
  4. T

Acceleration issues

Yup...lol...2 cans in a 2 week span. Possibly TPS??
  5. T

Acceleration issues

Cleaned tb...R&R coil pack and wire...STILL same sh**....
  6. T

Acceleration issues

I'll give it a shot~ Thanks!
  7. T

Acceleration issues

Changed it, cleaned the tank too... It's drivin me nuts..
  8. T

Acceleration issues

Mornin folks~ Here's the deal.... When I accelerate it surges. It runs great then drags down and will spark knock then run great then bog down a little and spark knock but doesn't always spark knock, sometimes it just bogs down... When that happens, it goes n bogs goes and bogs just that quick...
  9. T

Cold air intake replacement parts

Well, if a 2 piece will work where the one piece is I have? Let's talk~
  10. T

2 piece? Can you elaborate please? I don't remember seeing a 2 piece before on a 1st gen.. Thanks in advance, Bobby.
  11. T

Good Wednesday morning folks from the Volunteer State! I'm attempting to find a replacement cold air tube from the MAF to the TB (93 XLT 4.0) and I can't find one without holes in it like mine. This is a total restoration project and would really like to find OEM parts. Ford says no way Jose. We...
  12. T

MAF Only

MHMMM............78.99 @ O'Reillys
  13. T

Fuel filter removal tool won't fit

Just the sound of the word*autozone* makes me cringe with fear and disgust....
  14. T

Snow plowing?

The OP might not be. But the rest of us are :)
  15. T

Emergency Help Needed

*DOH!* I missed the "1994 engine" part... I REALLY need to learn to read whole sentences I guess :-)
  16. T

where to buy dash switch for 4x4

EBAY for $30 bucks used :)
  17. T

Emergency Help Needed

$435 for a cam position sensor????????Hmmmm...Hope this might help.. http://www.partstrain.com/store/?PN=6858&VN=4294967261+4294966864+4294966120+4294966117+4294966877&N=0&Nr=AND%28universal:0%29
  18. T

MAF Only

http://www.partstrain.com/store/?Ntt=maf&x=0&y=0&N=0&src=search
  19. T

Brush guard on ebay

Hey guys? You think $179.99 is a good deal? Check this out! I bought two and they are SNUG fit...
  20. T

MAF Only

The sensor itself has a gasket between it and the housing to completely seal the unit. I tried for weeks to get just the sensor, but, to no avail. What I've told you is what I was told by several ford dealers.
  21. T

Engine Sensors - Part 2 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor

Glacier, Thanks for the awesome info. My idle was as you described, (1800 RPM's in N) spark knocked BADD under a load, surging while accelerating, just ran like crap. I bought a can of Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner ($6.99 @ O'Reilly auto parts) Took the MAF sensor out not seeing any trash or...
Back