Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

got a booboo

My mistake. it was a scratch a deep one though. pulled the tranny the front seal is tight. could the Torque converter be leaking? and is everyone else welded to the flywheel...? It litterally blew all of the fluid out.
  2. C

got a booboo

Well .. ripped the bell housing in half.
  3. C

Independance day Challenge

Post if interested, even if people don't show my buddies and me are still doing it.. If your concerned about trails post what your capable of and not.
  4. C

Independance day Challenge

Michigamme michigan. 2nd meet up. 4th of july head out 8 hours of wheeling on REAL trails. after live band and fireworks. Its worth the trip, have chains and beer fund..
  5. C

Post yer 94 pictures

Seeing all of these I almost forgpt what explorers looked like.
  6. C

Solved First gen custom snorkel

Took out the whole heater and AC clust of crap ran 4" rubber hose through the glove boxish area. my buddy loves it when its at full throttle;)
  7. C

$70 Lift, yea and it works.

You can see I also replaced the gas tank to a plastic one that fits between the rails. Sorry no real flex pic. thats about half.
  8. C

I strongly advise against using the way I did it, here's a link to a thread in detail from someone else. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321604 Just make sure you don't cut past the fwd body mounts near the rear wheels. There is a rather robust support where the body...
  9. C

Solved First gen custom snorkel

be careful hitting water at speed. Personally I tend to get a lot of water right in that same area. thats why I ran my intake to inside the cab.
  10. C

got a booboo

:mad: Out wheeling hit a rock with the suspension and my Tranny blew all of its fluid out in about 30 seconds, hoses are fine, pan is fine. it was coming from the sides? or top? and dripping around where the oil plug is.. any ideas? 4.0 (big block V6) yeeee
  11. C

The body actually doesn't buckle or lean at all. When I initially did the chop and didn't have the bar it was amazinly stable, but all of the metal I cut off I reused in strengthening the back portion. Multiple corner braces and struts. the roll / buddy bar is connected right to the body. I had...
  12. C

Look at my crappy work, no tube bending there. I had to cut the back off cause it was flapping in the wind. not utilizing the rear body mounts and welded right to the frame AND the body. it is amazingly solid. A lot of the creaking and popping went away. Yea I put a few thousand miles on after...
  13. C

I pretty much decided to get rid of the hanging OEM gas tank picked up something better, smaller but better. Fits right between the rails.
  14. C

http://i39.tinypic.com/1z1tzy1.jpgIMG]
  15. C

Just took er' out today. after about 200 miles of wheeling blew a tranny line. limped her back to town no fluid 25 miles 1st gear.
  16. C

Northern michigan west of marquette. a hell of a lot of old logging in mine roads. you can get anywhere north of 41 without having to touch pavement once.
  17. C

Rear TTB setup?

Rear TTB setup, for something to do. I wonder if its even possible. would have to limit the steering and use a secondary switch for the hydraulics.
  18. C

Everyone assumes that I care if it breaks or not. if it does I'll drag it home and put it back together. its a very rare day it gets over 25mph. I beat the tar outta this thing, so why would I bother throwing mass amounts of money into it like some of the other builds. I am confidant because...
  19. C

Still running and better than ever, SOA 35" tires front and rear 5$ a piece. put near 10k OFFROAD miles on.
  20. C

Sudden Loss of Power

I was pulling a Chevy out of a ditch, halfway through I was in 4h and I seemed to lose 3/4 of my power, switched it to 2h and it still wouldn't even spin the tires. after a little bit the power came back. Any ideas? It would just rev up sounding like it was struggling.
  21. C

I have no idea what these rims are.....

They are something like, Pantera or maybe just Antera. I may be wrong though.
Back