Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

No Oil Pressure, sounds like a diesel

OK, I have a 2002 ford explorer, 4.0 and about 3 weeks ago my starter went out and i didnt have the money to change it until this week. I changed the starter and tryed starting it and it fired right up, but it sounded like a diesel and had no oil pressure. So i changed the oil and filter but...
  2. F

Help Changing Rear Differential Fluid

Thanks for the help guys, ill have to check it again, so i shouldnt have over a pint or so comeout of the fill hole?
  3. F

Help Changing Rear Differential Fluid

I checked my rear diff fluid the other day and when i took out the fill plug a full stream of fluid came out, plus i had the rear jacked up. is this right, should it come out like that or did i get screwed? I bought the 2002 explorer used and when i first got it the rear end made a bad wiening...
  4. F

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

great post, it really helped. problem i had was the bearing fell apart and left the race inside. did everything and couldn't get it out. so a buddy of mine told me to run a bead of weld around the center of the race and it would just fall out. sure enough, a couple of pecks and it fell right...
Back