Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How to: How To: Replace Multifunction Switch

MFS replacement success! Thanks for the pictures and instructions. I did this with my son and it worked just as advertised. Only took 1 hour for us novices to complete!
  2. F

Aux Power outputs fuse Locations

Convenience outlet fuse replacement Thanks Johnd555. I should have read this post before trying to be a contortionist and searching under the dash for the fuse. Much easier and faster replacing the #9 fuse under the hood!:salute:
  3. F

Ford Explorer 2003 Puddle Light Replacement

Puddle light replacement Just want to say thanks to the many posts on replacing the puddle light. I have an '04 XLT and the driver's side mirror light light has been out for several months now. After pulling the mirror off and learning that wasn't the path to fixing this part :rolleyes:, I...
  4. F

Detatching wheel hub assembly from steering knuckle

Appreciate the tips. I tried a short impact socket but it was still too long to fit around the dust cover (on all three bolts). Ended up with a Craftsman universal socket with a 15mm, 6 pt socket on one end, using an 18" cheater bar. This with the help of a combination of brake cleaner and...
  5. F

Detatching wheel hub assembly from steering knuckle

Looking for help with my `04 Exlporer XLT. I have used the "How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS" thread for guidance. This thread has been helpful and I am down to getting the old wheel hub assembly off the steering knuckle. I have shattered two 15mm sockets already...
  6. F

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Looking for help with my `04 Exlporer XLT. This thread has been helpful and I am down to getting the old wheel hub assembly off the steering knuckle. I have shattered two 15mm sockets already trying to loosen the bolts from the back side of the knuckle. Any advice on the right tools for...
Back