Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

'92 Ford Explorer dying constantly

ever fixed? could be the little rubber hose connecting the metal line and the fuel pump. a tear in the connector will cause those sane problems. also see if disconnecting the maf keeps it from stalling. if so check your o2 sensors and maf voltage
  2. E

Seatbelt Locked: Not Retracting

you could also try a flat head instaed of sacraficing a finger!!!
  3. E

Seatbelt Locked: Not Retracting

mosttimes you can stick your finger near the cylinder push on it to retract the seatbelt. if your cylinder is slack and loose then itll probably need replaced. first thing is to see if there is any give in or out. if not and its solidly in one place then chances are your locks just stuck. try...
  4. E

running without parts

okay cool. . .i think id rather have manual than auto. too much computer junk attached to it. seems like the more advanced we get the more problems there are to trouble shoot and fix. the old vehicals are the classics...:salute:
  5. E

running without parts

yeah i think its an electrical problem now......the good news is the 4x4 works great (turning it by hand) seems a little too easy to turn though. almost can do it by hand. truck has 360000 miles on it. but ive put about 1500 into it. wish i could get the mpg up...still need to replace the...
  6. E

running without parts

thanks for the info. been wanting to check it to see if it even works. had it for a year with no 4x4. fluids new, new electric shift motor(didnt need it), new push button( also, didnt need it), didnt get much info on fixing too many problems from either haynes or chilton......but being in this...
  7. E

running without parts

also wondering if the stop bumper in the shift motor is okay.....can i just leave it off for awhile so i have the option the hand turn my 4x4 on?
  8. E

running without parts

can i run my 93 xlt wiyhout the 4x4 shift motor on it? i havent looked at the inside of the and will but my wife needs to use the truck for work. can i leave the electronic shift motor wires and everything else down there til i can take the motor apart? :notworthy
  9. E

no 4x4, low light always on

all fluids good, new computer and electric button.....what should i check next? i hear a faint click from the comp in the back when pressing either 4x4 high and low. connectors looked pretty clean by transfer case also.:(
  10. E

o2 gone bad

:mad: ....cat on.....and purrs like a kitten. didnt think it could be that quiet. almost cranked it when it was on already.....but the bad gas and mileage continue. update now is new catalytic converter, koer code 159. and a new one 157. koeo codes 998? hard code? whats that. . . . it didnt show...
  11. E

o2 gone bad

so check wireharness then ecc? i looked at the ecc and seen a very small amount or corrision. could that cause the 6 v? thanks ill look into the harness more hopefully its just an open wire. wishful thinkin ;) ill keep you posted
  12. E

cat and o2 sensor

okay codes...998, 159. but the only parts thats are not brand new are the drivers side o2, and the ecc. .....i have tinkered with this truck since i got it....i had it running great for about a week, then it went bad again. i have bought new maf, iac, tps, ect, battery, fuel pump and intake...
  13. E

cat and o2 sensor

well i guess ill sink more into this truck. itd be the best vehical ive owned if i could get the mpg up. muffler shop said 127$ for the cat and install. i guess its a drop in the bucket compared to the 1300$ invested so far....
  14. E

cat and o2 sensor

i bought my truckabout a year ago. recently i noticed a "patch" on my cat. im guessing that the insides are gone. my trucks semi loud. will that cause low mpg? also would a bad o2 cause 11 mpg? when my maf is connected i get black sooty smoke and the truck sounds like its under water, mpg goes...
  15. E

10 bucks to whoever can fix this problem

lol guess i never look at the date...ha ha ha
  16. E

10 bucks to whoever can fix this problem

if fuel pressures low.....check rubber hose in tank. it connects the metal fuek intake line and the pump it self. chacks will let pressure built and slowly leak back out or spray out inside tank.many 93s have this rubber hose problems. fuel pressure test will tell you if you need to take a...
  17. E

1993 Explorer that stalls.

i had same problems. check pressure. idle should be around 30. try just the key on pressure. if below 20, you could have a faulty hose connecting your pump and metal fuel intake lines. also may be fuel filter.
  18. E

o2 gone bad

i thought it may be the wires also. and thanks for the info about the cold test. guess i was doing that. i bought the truck for 1200 with problems. got it running great for a week. then started having different problems. currently i have over 1300 hundred in parts....is it normal to have 6 volts...
  19. E

o2 gone bad

does a bad o2 make that side run rich? been having bad mpg. and replaced almost everything.........what type of drivability problems would a bad o2 bring? im getting codes 998, 116, 159. :thumbdwn: any help would be greatly appreciated
  20. E

93 xlt maf problems

thanks ill check it. i think that the ecc is fried. i unplugged a new intake air temp sensor and its running better............wow it runs better with mulitipal sensors unplugged? i replaced 2 injectos bout 6 months ago. so ill check for a leak in the am. thanks again
  21. E

93 xlt maf problems

does anyone know what the chances of it being the ecc?
  22. E

REALLY bad gas mileage

codes?
  23. E

93 xlt maf problems

with WOT (from a stop or at any speed) cuts rpms to an idle and will stall if pedal kept depressed. FPR i assume is good. checked with pressure test. new IAC, MAF, FUEL PUMP, fuel intake line,starter, battery, fuel filter, ect, brakebooster,TPS,plugs and wires, coil pack, an o2 sensor, and an...
  24. E

93 xlt 4.0

youre right the 118 is an ect code. and thanks for the info about the 412. i replaced the brake booster to see if the small vac leak would solve the problem. unfortunantly it didnt do anything but cost me. would a faulty iac cause major driveability problems and horrible mpg? also two things i...
  25. E

93 xlt 4.0

im getting codes 118 and 412. also every now-and-then the hard fault 998 and a 159. the maf is the 2nd one brand new. i have 3 iac's that i have interchanged with no inprovement. my brake booster is leaking between the booster and master cylinder....my problem is.....maf unplugged, 11mpg with ok...
Back