Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

johnny5_72's 89 Ranger Dana 30 SAS

truck update I have been driving this truck again about 30% of the time normally and 100% of the time when the weather is rough. I have driven it to work for the last six days solid putting 80 miles a day on 35's that I run on it now. The truck had been on the back-burner for a couple of years...
  2. J

yeah right! The crossmember and the frame brackets are my favorite parts as in the way they turned out and look. In that same sense, they were also the biggest pain. I wanted to make the bends on the x member all one piece but my buddy did not have a die that was a small enough radius to pull...
  3. J

The Ranger Station Has anybody checked out the dana 30 write up in the technical library? That is one damn fine ranger all the way at the bottom.:D I have no idea how he picked mine out of all of them. Sweet!
  4. J

Whoops. Sorry about that. :confused: I will take some pics and get them to you.
  5. J

I was when I first got it together. The mitsu tranny was making noise before I did the Sas and only got progressively worse after. I just picked up a mazda 5speed and a bw1354 manual case. DD again real soon. :D At least 50% of the time. :rolleyes: C-ya.
  6. J

what's a used bw 1354 manual shift worth?

He only had one. I thought there was a possibility of two, but no such luck. C-ya.
  7. J

Okay! Well thanks for all of the help guys. :rolleyes: I'm glad nobody hurt themselves , like, replying or anything. Too late. I already bought it. I got a mazda 5 speed and a BW1354 manual t case with all shifters, boots, linkage, front driveshaft ,flywheel, cluch assembly, and full hydraulic...
  8. J

I found one, maybe two and am not sure what they bring on here. I know they are what I want (and everybody else) but I just don't know what a fair price would be. thanks.
  9. J

Trust me Zainy, that crossmember is going no where. ;) I've ran it for 2 years now before the Sas. That the was 1st thing that I put was the cross member and the frame brackets. It is made out of 1.25 dia .25 wall dom with .25 thick cold rolled plate at the ends and on the tranny mount. All of...
  10. J

new pics I posted some new pics on my car-domain site. New pics of suspension, brackets, crossmember, and axles. Here is the link again. I know some of you wanted to see some more pics of the suspension. C-ya. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2209152
  11. J

Ranger update Update: I got my explorer axle swap and my 1 piece late model rear drive shaft completed a few weeks ago. I got a pretty good deal on a 97' 4.10 non lock with 44k miles for $375 from a boneyard in Illinois. I also picked up a 99 ranger s/c drive shaft for $50 from a boneyard...
  12. J

Js91x: I did not have to do anything with the driveshafts yet. The front one bolted right up. The back I will be going with a late model ranger 1 piece driveshaft when i go to the ex disc brake rear. The u joint is the same from the cherokee axle to the ranger axle. The high pinion 30 helped out...
  13. J

Thanks for the comments guys. Josh, I was working on the bumpstops today and and I had the tire stuffed up to the fender with no clearance issues at all with the brackets. The arms are all hand made by me. They mimic a Rubicon Express jeep long-arm setup with the exception that I used a johnny...
  14. J

Thanks for the comments. I still need to work out the brakes. I've got the track bar bracket done. Details, details you know. I've got my sway bar dropped and relocated. Mainly brakes and shocks. I've got to flex er' out so I can figure out my lengths on the shocks. I will let you all know when...
  15. J

Here is the link to my car domain site. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2209152 It has been a long three year process reasearching, building, and collecting. I still have a few things to decide on like shocks and my explorer axle swap on the back. I am just ready to take er out and drive it. I...
  16. J

You cant park there!

watch the video You should probably watch the video. The bmw is trashed. I don't know who you talked to but the car used the bmw and the car next to it as the ramp. :confused: Watch the video on the link, you'll see.
  17. J

'97 Ranger SC, D44 SAS...

Western Missouri is well represented here. I live in Warrensburg and work in Lee's Summit! Small freakin' world! Oh yeah, Sweet ass ranger man!
  18. J

Aim Industres...Good or Bad??

I got a roll pan from Aim years ago. It was pretty good, but they sent me the wrong one the first time and their service department DID suck!:(
  19. J

Jefe's SAS

I will defininitely be using a sway bar w/discos. This truck is my DD for @ 70 miles a day. I run about 70 mph all the way and I want to be able to do that and not scare the sh*%t out of me when I round a corner. Thanks for the info. I also plan on fabbing up xj/tj style spring mounts and...
  20. J

Jefe's SAS

How does it ride on the street? I know that RE advertises that this setup improves the on-road ride as well as the off-road. Since you are running the coil overs, how does it ride over stock? I am putting together a similar setup for my ranger although I am fabbing all of my arms from scratch...
  21. J

explorer leaves on ranger

will explorer rear leaves work on a ranger. Other than the alignment pin needing to switch sides and the explorer leaves having more arch, are there any difs? Thanks!:p
Back