Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ac compressor problem

Does still blow cold air. I only notice the issue when I'm running ac so stile it does the hesitat and rpm jump when ac is off I think I usually have ac on well lately not because I don't want it to die in the virginia tunnels lol
  2. S

Ac compressor problem

Ok recently when running my ac I realize my car after driving with ac awhile 10 to 15 mins obviously not everything e but it seems it's only when I run ac wants to die out it seems but then jolts back up like its hung up then gets let go shortly after that happens a couple times I lose all...
  3. S

Car trying to die surging when gas is pushed

I had a fuel rail high input code a few months back after that the car has died at a light or while coasting slowly about once a month this happens. I'm assuming the pump is going but is there any other things I should check I pulled in drive way yesterday and it started to die when I placed...
  4. S

Antifreeze change out along with thermostat question

Yes it backed up I'm thinking its the t stat it seems to only do it in mornings when its cooler outside here in San Diego I watched it every 5 seconds and about 3 mins after I got on freewayit went up past half way today but not all the way to hot and then went back to right before the middle...
  5. S

Antifreeze change out along with thermostat question

From the threads I see when I drain the coolant I should expect 1 and a half gallons my local auto zone says for a change out I need about 4 jugs of antifreeze for a changeout what am I missing. also the thermostat is sticking over past 4 months while driving to work it went to hot for about 5...
  6. S

P0193 code high fuel rail pressure input

Ok again I need some help I just got the P0193 code other night won't go away I drove to store stopped car for about 2 mins then wife came back out I started it right up and the service engine soon light came on which was showing P0193. I'm going to start at the fuel filter and replace that...
  7. S

Squealing when air or heat turned on

It's wierd that it only does it on a cold start. It as soon as I turn it off it stops and like a few minutes later I can use ax or heat and its fine could it be a belt it's so loud I dunno how to describe it I poured a bit of water on the belt and it squealed but not the same squeal like in the...
  8. S

Advance auto parts price for rebuilt compressor ,accumulator , and oriface tube 240.19 plus tax ....it has free shipping thank god because there is no advance auto in San Diego. Plus they got a deal for 50 dollars off next 100 dollar order which is cool. I did not order it yet but seems...
  9. S

So as long as I don't run ac or heat it won't affect me right I need a few more pay checks to afford this fix I'm thinking your right though. Still gunna try the dressing but I wanna know some precautuions I can take in mean time to minimize risk to the car it's our only vehicle
  10. S

Is the air compressor the pulley that's in the center on the bottom I seen a little wobble In That one but when u accelerate it looks better. Is there a thread for a self change out for that.? I can't afford the 500 dollar price for the shop to fix that assuming its like a 200 dollar part.
  11. S

The air compressor would cause these issues? What exactly does the air compressor do that would make it show these symptoms. I'm gunna try the belt dressing.when I drove the two block it was continuous pretty much if my foot was on gas
  12. S

I had the belt tensioner and belt replaced a little over a year ago by shop down the street. It was fine until now during my cold starts or after its sit at least a few hours if you turn the air and or heat on it will squeal immediately or as I turn the wheel most the time it will I don't think...
  13. S

Coolant temp jump during freeway drive

Sorry forgot my specs its a 2004 xlt v6 flex fuel with 107,000 miles
  14. S

Coolant temp jump during freeway drive

I was driving to work this morning and i noticed a check gauge light soon as i seen the light i looked to my temp gauge and it was on hot immediatly after it went back to just below the middle point and the light went off i dint change my speed or adjust it was very quick after i got to work i...
  15. S

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Blend Door Help in San Diego Hey Everyone Im currently deployed in Cuba until 2012. I live in san diego, is there anyone who has done this blend door fix who i could pay to come out and do it at my home. I would attempt it myself I will be coming home from 16th until 29th of July 2011 for a R&R...
  16. S

Oil type for 2004

its a bit cool some mornings ill prolly just rid of it and be more attentive next time i see a oil sale.
  17. S

Oil type for 2004

I Bought 5 qts of oil last month...they were on sale for 12 bucks for all its valvoline MAX LIFE SYNTHETIC BLEND 10W-30 its only 12 bucks i know and i dont have the receipt. i seen the sale and w-30 and i guess i blurred the rest out lol is this any good or should i get rid of it and go 5w-30...
  18. S

YAY NEW 04 but 2 questions?

The rear wiper fluid did not work on my 04 as well I think the diagram is very helpful above but all i did was follow the line behind the back inside panal from the output on the rear outside light i didnt see a problem so i did somthin stupid but it work i took the hose and disconnected it from...
  19. S

Ticking noise coming from vents

I have a 04 explorer xlt 2wheel drive 89000 miles very often ill hear a ticking noise coming from the vents its slight but noticable if you dont have the air on full blast. it will even be present when the ac is off and i dont have the climate control knob in the ceter position. i dont think its...
  20. S

MPG V6 question

Ok I've kinda scanned through but dont see anything related to the v6 for this. Ok I have a 2004 explorer xlt stock v6 flex fuel with 89000 miles on it. seem to run fine other then sometimes when i first turn her on in morning it has a louder idle then normal and when i give it a bit of gas...
Back