Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

what did i break (yes there is pictures lol)

I put Gabriels on in 2003 and they are still stiff. :D I have 201,000 on her now, 84,000 on the shocks. If I keep her for another set of tires, I will not go back with Gabriels, my back can't take it anymore. :rolleyes:
  2. S

Engaging compressor clutch

I have decided to replace my compressor, old FS10 locked up. I pulled discharge and suction lines already in preparation of flushing. I also pulled the orifice tube to evaluate if compressor died of "BD" and it looked fine. I plan to run to the salvage yard to check out a couple of compressors...
  3. S

troubles with sea foam...

Did you install new plugs yet?
  4. S

A/C ? for Glacier

Sorry, accumulator and compressor.
  5. S

A/C ? for Glacier

Thank you sir, any ideas on where to make a good purchase?
  6. S

A/C ? for Glacier

My compressor locked up in the winter of 2004. I was for sure it was the "black death", I was wrong :D I removed all the lines and the accumulator in preparation for flushing the condenser etc. I believe from the looks of the orifice tube I should be OK just flushing condensor/evaporator, lines...
  7. S

what kind of gas milage is your 91-94 getting???

80% highway driving to work and back, 55-58mph with the price of gas lately. 17 to 18 mpg, but mpg will drop in the coming cooler weather. Slowing down has given me about 1 to 1.5 mpg. :D
  8. S

Jrgaylor's 91 Explorer full width D44/9

Love the truck :thumbsup: Have you ramped the rear ( sounds kinky :eek: ) with the shocks on yet. I noticed that they weren't on in the picture.
  9. S

an extra at of oil?

IMHO if the line was dry, no need to bother the modulator. I did change mine I believe last year without pulling anything, but it was a pain in the :eek:
  10. S

Chart of routine maintenance?

https://myford.fordvehicles.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=MyFord/Page/LogOnPage&BackToLogin=MyFord%2FHome%2FHomePage%26ord%3D15419550
  11. S

94 4WD Passed its first test

Evansville ended up with a little over 22 in. It was a great test for my Explorer and it passed with flying colors :)
  12. S

Spring code again

Bump
  13. S

Spring code again

Yes, I did do a search to no avail. I have a NU for my spring code on the door sticker. Good or bad? Is there any designation on the door sticker or the VIN that would designate a towing package? 1994 4DR 4X4 XLT
  14. S

How to: Project Frankentranny - A4LD / 4R55E / 5R55E Hybrid Project

Read for the first time, pat yourself on the back ;) Excellent tutorial!
  15. S

How to: Project Frankentranny "AKA" A4LD / 4R55E / 5R55E Hybrid Project - A MUST READ!

Read for the first time, pat yourself on the back ;) Excellent tutorial!
  16. S

Exhaust tube to EGR Valve

Changed the tube out Monday. Got one for $85 and some change. I used my propane torch on the lower nut and removed the EGR and tube as one piece so I could put it in a vise to take the tube off the EGR. The nut sizes for both ends of the tube were 1 and 1/16th inch. It's quiet again
  17. S

The popping's back!

If the RA bushings are the high temp. ( urethane ) did they grease them good?
  18. S

Ford quoted me a price of $91 :confused:
  19. S

Will do, I am hoping that will do it.
  20. S

The tube from the driver's side exhaust manifold to the EGR is leaking where it threads into the manifold. Has anybody had to change this tube before? If you have do you have any tips?
  21. S

Cel

Thanks guys, I guess I'll resort to the key on engine off. :fire:
  22. S

Cel

I get the CEL everytime I have driven about 3 or 4 minutes and it stays on until I shut the engine off. After restarting it comes on again at about the same time. I took it to Autozone and they said they cannot help me pull the code because the tool they have has to have the engine off to pull...
  23. S

Temp gauge fluctuates

Disconnect hoses to the heater core and use a hose to make sure you have good circulation thru the core. After this, verify that your coolant is indeed getting warm i.e. let run with radiator cap off for 30 mins. or so and check with your finger or let engine run the same and feel the top...
  24. S

Boiling Over Ex'

Glad ya got it solved:)
  25. S

Bad gas mileage!!

I couldn't stand it, I went down and filled up phew! 16.05 mpg, I'll take that in the winter!:D
Back