Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Wanted need help getting rid of squeaky front end 2002 sport trac

goto fordparts.com put in your car vin#, and go to appropriate section and it will show you every part you need
  2. H

How many miles on original 3rd Gen Tranny?

193k on original tranny. drain fill at 100kish. about to do it again. occasional tc slap. rear wheel bearing gone put twice so far
  3. H

tightened strut/LCA/knuckle bolts off the ground

hi, i just replaced my rear struts and torqued the top strut bolts, bottome bolt, and knuckle-lca bolt while my X was still on jack stands. am i risking breaking anything in the future? if i take my car in for alignment, will they loosen all those bolts and retorque them? should i just loosen...
  4. H

nuts and bolts for strut replacement

i am planning to chamge out my struts in my 02 expl, and manual says i need to use new hardware, the nuts used to fasten the struts to the rest of the suspension. can i buy the hardware at a local autostore, like napa, autozone, oreilly, etc? if so, anyone know the part #s for them? thx ec
  5. H

What kind of mileage is your 3rd gen getting?

stock 02 XLT 4-door, 192K. 12/17 mpg. changed out plugs/wires once. suspension starting to show its age. gonna do new struts/springs/ball joints in coming weeks. Just redid the brakes/rotors. I hate the freaking rear wheel bearings. they died 2x on me so far, and i'm thinking they are gonna be...
  6. H

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

the diagrams and the instructions in this thread worked like a champ. only hiccups was making a trip to the store to buy a 10mm deep socket to remove then nuts from the brace. And made another trip to buy a flex extender for my socket wrench since the straight extension didn't work in removing...
  7. H

hello, i have a 02 Explorer XLT. found this website thru google when searching for 2002 Explorer Heater click. man when this car starts falling it part, it pours. what started as the blend door actuator being a problem (thanks to this website for the info), has turned into a problem with the...
Back