Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Oil Gauge in dash reading very high

Thank you for the advise, my search ability is clearly lacking. Mostly concerned that I was having an issue like sludge that could have blocked something causing the higher reading. At least I know where to start looking if I dig into this further take care
  2. 9

Oil Gauge in dash reading very high

Gauge layout is: L normal H I thought the oil gauge in the dash just read in the middle of normal (rm) unless it got low on oil then would drop down toward the N side of normal and low oil light would go on. I my case just regular driving the oil gauge reads to the right of middle and...
  3. 9

HELP Starter Relay

I'll have to take another careful look when I get out of work and see if anything is dangling or loose. Just the headlights come on, nothing else, no taillights, or driving lights.
  4. 9

HELP Starter Relay

Yes the Red top was dead, could not even be tested at 3 different shops - used as core for new battery (red Top was 6+ years old anyway) Yes the new battery is in and starts like a champ - never had any clicking, just a lot of corrosion from sitting for 1.5 years (This is why I replaced the...
  5. 9

HELP Starter Relay - 94 XLT

OK Thought I was done with this, but no. I replaced the battery with a brand new one, now the headlights are on!?!?!? They are not full low beam strength, but they are on. How can this be? If anyone has an idea, let me know. I looked up a battery disconnect switch, but they seem to require...
  6. 9

HELP Starter Relay

OK Thought I was done with this, but no. I replaced the battery with a brand new one, now the headlights are on!?!?!? They are not full low beam strength, but they are on. How can this be? If anyone has an idea, let me know. I looked up a battery disconnect switch, but they seem to require...
  7. 9

HELP Starter Relay

Thank you all for the help - I made the change of moving the other grounded wire to the 4G positive cable on the starter relay. Tried it again and nothing. So, I pulled out the multi meter and the battery that had 14V last night was at 1.2V (Optima Red Top - thought that would never happen)...
  8. 9

HELP Starter Relay

What I am talking about is the Starter Relay / Solinoid http://www.autozone.com/R,1392473/vehicleId,2154701/initialAction,partProductDetail/store,5127/partType,00102/shopping/partProductDetail.htm I have attached some pictures under my profile To Clarify my wires. 1) 1 cable coming from the...
  9. 9

HELP Starter Relay - 94 XLT

I have searched and read the manual and still having trouble getting the truck to start On the starter relay how specifically do I connect the cabling there are two screws and 1 push down terminal 2 Positive wires from the battery 1 fusable link anything else I am missing...
  10. 9

HELP Starter Relay

That would be great, thank you for the effort. I am desperate to get this on the road tonight if possible and joined elite explorers but am unab le to post to the 911 forum yet Thank you again it may just have to wait to tomorrow
  11. 9

HELP Starter Relay

I have searched and read the manual and still having trouble getting the truck to start On the starter relay how specifically do I connect the cabling there are two screws and 1 push down terminal 2 Positive wires from the battery 1 fusable link anything else I am missing...
  12. 9

94 Explorer Battery Cable

I had a total brain fart, forgot the starter. Positive was not grounded at all, just the two wires to the starter. No idea how it slipped my mind. THanks for the reminder.
  13. 9

Thankfully the negitive was a lot easier to remove. contact areas will be easy to clean for the negitive, but how can you clean the positive connection by the transfer case
  14. 9

Holy Cow! Who was the Brain Surgeon at Ford that Routed the Positive Battery Cable???? I just finished removing it, and wondered if it was run correctly to begin with. It went from the Battery (Passenger Front) wrapped around the wiring bundle, down the passenger frame rail, THEN across the...
  15. 9

Electrical Problem Need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had trouble with the battery cable. May want to look at replacing those. Also, may want to check the chargin system to see if the alternator is charging the battery and you have a short somewhere? I am still trying to chase down a gremlin that will require a jump start if I let the truck...
  16. 9

Anyone in Southern NH with a Code Scanner?

I have a cheap code scanner (light and beep) looking to hook up to a Code Scanner for real codes without as much human counting error I have yet to find a Parts Store that will scan a non OBD II vehicle (cowards) I am in the Manchester NH - Burlington MA area
  17. 9

slipping trans in overdrive

I had the same thing happen and out of neccessity put it in D instead of OD now, mileage sucks, but no aggrivating slip. Think that i will be going thru the thread to check off the weak points that I may be having as well to try to get this fixed up.
  18. 9

Oil Gauge moves to high

157miles / 12gal. Fuel / 1.75qts. oil = +1/2qt per 50miles??? I am at such a loss, starting to think about parking it for a while May look at doing a leak down test to see if the rings are shot, but still think there would be billowing smoke
  19. 9

Oil Gauge moves to high

Perhaps I have a larger issue. Last night gauge went high again after 30 miles of driving, took just over 1 quart to top off. I am confused, oil gauge goes to higher pressure indication = low on oil need to top off. No discernable smoke in exhaust yet lost just over 1 quart in 30 miles. I...
  20. 9

Oil Gauge moves to high

Changed my oil over the weekend, so far seem to have resolved the issue. I am thinking that after I ran Sea Foam in oil, gas and intake I truly crapped up my filter and just needed replacing. If the gauge changes back in a couple days I'll let you know.
  21. 9

Headlight / Charging problem

175 Fuse - Anyone??? :eek: :confused: I have tested the battery and alternator - both well within the specs with truck on and off, if I could find this damn fuse then I think it is that or the battery cables maybe - but they seem solid and have no corrosion I can wiggle them a bit and feel no...
  22. 9

Headlight / Charging problem

175 A Fuse Location? For some reason I am unable to post a new thread - sorry to highjack a bit - could also help this issue Where is the 175 A fuse between the Battery Junction Box and the Altenator? I can not seem to find it on the site or with the search button or on google - Anyone have...
  23. 9

Oil Gauge moves to high

Same Here My 94 XLT 4.0 is doing the same thing, that is how I found the thread, I am thinking that my oil filter may be clogged and am going to do an oil change and see if that helps, any solutions I will be watching the thread for.....
  24. 9

Hi - First Post

Been reading the forum for q while now (2003?) and thought I'd post and "loose this message", so I guess I popped my X;)
Back