Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Looking to buy-need advice

Yes just a small pop up so nothing too serious. I was wondering if all the v8's were AWD or not. Guess that rules that out. Also I forgot to mention i'd be looking at auto's. My wife needs to be able to drive it from time to time and she refuses to drive a manual:rolleyes:
  2. 4

Looking to buy-need advice

I'm looking to buy a second gen explorer and need some advice. Will be used as my dd and to pull a small pop up tent trailer every now and then. Must be 4x4 and would prefer 4 door. I need opinions of which motor to go with though. I think I'd prefer the sohc for power and fuel economy over...
  3. 4

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

So how'd your A4LD fail? Sounded like transworks had quite a reputation riding on their units. Just curious.
  4. 4

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

It never ends with you does it? Only keeps getting better.
  5. 4

Tranny filter

I'v got a question nobody wants to answer so please help me. I just installed a remote filter and a bigger pan. The pan doesn't have that hump were the stock internal filter hangs down to pick up the fluid though. Since I have the remote filter I was going to just not run the internal one but...
  6. 4

New trans pan not clearing old filter....

About a month ago I bought a new pan for my C5 but it was originally for a C4. The new pan doesnt have that hump needed to clear the stock filter anymore and I can't decide the best solution for it. 1) I installed a remote filter when I did the pan so I have thought about not running the stock...
  7. 4

beter transmison

A C5 will bolt up. Not too difficult a swap. PM me if you need help or have questions. -James
  8. 4

Ford 8.8 - Weak Link?

Like you said they were only comparing them when under a full size. The 8.8 is a strong axle but a 9" has more potential under a larger vehicle as it has greater aftermarket parts. -James
  9. 4

Swap from 4wd to 2wd

I didn't say that. I'm saying keep your 4x4 by getting cut and turned beams along with camburgs radious arms. Note I only mentioned camburg becouse it lists their prices on their website but I'm sure just about any fab shop will offer a system for you (mcniel, h&m, newline, giant, etc, etc...
  10. 4

Swap from 4wd to 2wd

Just get some cut and turned beams. 350 plus core at camburg. Their rad arms are like 500. All you really need after that are some coils and shocks. -James
  11. 4

trans temp gauge?

Can't remember exactly but I believe 410 has one or had one on his old tranny. There was a thread on it awhile ago. I'll try to find it later. -James
  12. 4

Duff extended rad arms

Well I sat here stearing at the picture of the kit on the duff site trying to figure out what the hell i'm gonna do and I think I thought of something. If I swap the driverside over to the passenger side and vice-versa then I could mount the x-member backwards which is offset by about 1-2" I...
  13. 4

Duff extended rad arms

So I was going to install these the other day but I imediately ran into a problem. The arms need to mount about 3-4" further back than the tranny x-member and since the rad arm mounts double as the x-member mounts i'm screwed. Duff didn't list any break in the years that this would fit on...
  14. 4

Body lift in SD

I'm in SD and wouldn't mind lending a hand. My schedual is usually pretty full but if im free I'm down. Where in SD by the way? -James
  15. 4

Which skocks

I say Bilstien -James
  16. 4

Wrong fluid in the tranny???

Believe me I know how problematic these trannies are. I had gone through two before replacing it a C5. The fluid has a metalic smell to it and smells nothing like tranny fluid. Another thing though, I have heard many horror stories about their trannies starting to slip after being flushed...
  17. 4

Wrong fluid in the tranny???

Ok so my girlfriend bought a 94 explorer about 2 weeks ago. Just yesterday I got around to really checking it out (we've both been crazy busy the past couple of weeks...). Well I check the coolent, oil and brake fluid and all is well. Then as I pull up the tranny dip stick I become confused...
  18. 4

Tranny over heat ?

Now that it's not going into the radiator it takes a lot longer to get hot and I do believe it was supposed to bring the temp up to it's level. This is also another reason why I would think the temp is supposed to run around what your engine is running. -James
  19. 4

Tranny over heat ?

I was suggested the same thing and since am running a similair set up. -James
  20. 4

Tranny over heat ?

Where is your temp sender located at? I have mine in my pan which I believe would be the hottest place and mine floats around 200-210. I have talked with many people on a couple of boards and it seemed like everyone was claiming around 180 however I have also gone to 3 different tranny shops...
  21. 4

Chewed up fan = hot tranny?

I was flushing my radiator today and noticed my fan is chewed up pretty good. I'm thinking this may have played a big part in why my tranny has had such a hard time keeping cool. What do you guys think? Oh my engine has never had a cooling problem dispite the fan but I think that may be...
  22. 4

trans temp gauge?

Somebody is making an aftermarket pan that has a few goodies including a port for a temp gauge. -James
  23. 4

Extended Brake Lines

I had the procomp ones but some how I wore a hole in the passenger side one. I swear it wasn't rubbing on the tire or anything but oh well. jamesduff.com has some too. -James
  24. 4

Tranny temp guage

I started to wire up my guage but I have a couple problems. It's a nordskog analog unit btw. 1) It gets power and sweeps to 280. This is obviously wrong. I'm guessing it's the ground. I grounded it on the back of the intake instead of the actual block. Could this be the problem? 2) I...
  25. 4

How about a Wagoneer D44?

Rerard from ORR used one too I believe. -James
Back