Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Vibration / pulsation when towing

I have the same issue whenever my 4wd is engaged (and it IS engaging on its own) and I'm trying to find a fix for it. Try engaging your 4wd without a trailer and see if you have the same noise and vibration.
  2. T

Grinding/Vibration/Shuddering only when in 4wd

Yes. The tires are brand new, literally a week old. The vehicle also has all new brakes and rotors. The problem was around before the brakes and rotors were replaced.
  3. T

Grinding/Vibration/Shuddering only when in 4wd

Okay, I've got an odd problem. I have a 2004 4.6L 4WD Ford Explorer. Whenever the vehicle goes into 4WD, either by me pushing the 4x4 High or 4x4 Low button, or when the rear tires lose traction and 4x4 High engages on it's own, the vehicle starts shuttering, especially when in turns...
  4. T

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

I'm looking to replace the rear wheel bearings on my 2004 Ford Explorer. I just rebuilt the rear end and have discovered a new sound. Anyway, which kit would I need? I'm aware that I can buy both of these from other places at a lower price...
  5. T

my rear end

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my rear end. Did you ONLY replace the gears? What about the bearings? One of my bearings went bad, started to disintigrate and shot metal all over the inside of my rear end.
  6. T

2002 Mountaineer Differential Cover Removal

Okay, question along the same lines. How in the world do I get around all this stuff in front of my rear differential cover? It's welded to the frame. Help! I'm planning on rebuilding the rear diff tomorrow.
Back