Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Deployed Air Bag Question

MAKE SURE TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY COMPLETELY BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING RELATED TO THE SRS SYSTEM.AND AFTER DISCONNECTING TURN THE KEY TO THE CRANK POSITION AND RETURN TO THE OFF POSITION. THIS PROCESS BLEEDS ANY POTENTIAL CURRENT REMAINING IN ANY CAPACITORS THAT CAN TRIGGER THE SRS SYSTEM...
  2. F

Thank you boomin. I found that out as well.
  3. F

Thanks for the replies guys. I did find out some information from other boards as well as countless phone calls as to what will be needed. Its apparent that the members here have little to no experience with airbags once they are deployed. I will post the accurate info that I found shortly. It...
  4. F

I have an OBDII reader / eraser. I am jut nervous that when i hook the new airbag up and then reconnect the battery that the airbag will deploy again.
  5. F

I guess I just really need to know if the air bag module needs to be replaced or can be reset prior to installing new air bag.... Anyone?
  6. F

Slow coolant leak in 2007 Explorer 4.6L

Have you tried pressure testing the system? I had a leak some years ago with mine and it drove me nuts because I could not locate it. I own a pressure tester, but it was lent out at the time. After trying everything I could think of I finally went and got my pressure tester. I set it to around...
  7. F

Hello guys and gals, Had a minor MVA yesterday and the front, driver's side, steering wheel air bag deployed. Minor front bumper damage with cracked grill. Other than that it seems fine. I see new air bags listed on Ebay ranging in price from $95.00 to $350.00 ( can it be purchased cheaper...
  8. F

ABS Sensor/ Stability Control light on!

It turns out that the plugs I spoke of have nothing to do with the ABS sensors and more to do with the tail lights and trailer elec sockets, etc. It seems the harness runs to the front and is sealed the entire way. Not really sure if the harness replacement will help, but its all I have...
  9. F

I found 2 large elec connectors behind the bumper on the right rear side. I have to remove the bumper because it is impossible to access them with the bumper in place. The code reader says that the left wheel wheel sensor connection and center input connection lost. That sensor goes into the...
  10. F

I am the OP of this thread. I an STILL having the same problem with the ABS light coming on randomly when it rains. Today I started the truck up in my driveway. The truck was not driven in the rain and low and behold the damn lights came on again! When I took it to Ford in the past they...
  11. F

Windshield Washer Level Indicator

Thank you. I saw that but wasn't sure if the item described was based on that pic. because the level sensor is not shown there.
  12. F

Windshield Washer Level Indicator

I have a 2007 Explorer Limited V8. The "Low Windshield washer Fluid" indicator comes on when i start my car. I removed everything to get to the tank. I removed the tank and noticed that level indicator is pushed into a slot on the tank held in by retainers. I could not find a plug for the sender...
  13. F

How To: Remove and Replace Rear Axle Seals

I'll answer my own question since I just removed the driver's side knuckle. They are completely and in every single way different. Nothing about my suspension resembles the older models. The axle is lose so i hope it just pops out. Not sure yet. I am trying to get the wheel bearing out of the...
  14. F

2007 Explorer V8 Caliper Slide Pins???

Ooops! My bad. I was talking about the fronts. The rears were identical with no grommet or flat spots. I am sorry about the pics, but the job is complete and I threw out all the old parts. I am searching the web for the genuine ford pins, but can only find aftermarket pics. But in my case...
  15. F

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reply. I did go to the dealer and purchased genuine parts as I never have luck with aftermarket systems. I looked at the parts blow up and it does not distinguish the two very different pins. There are no illustrations in the pin kit package either...
  16. F

How To: Remove and Replace Rear Axle Seals

I have to do my 2007 Explorer V8 and wonder if it is comparable to the 2005 models that are posted everywhere. I have to do the left rear wheel bearing that has failed. It never made a noise and when I did my brakes i noticed the play in the hub. I got lucky. Then I noticed the wet differential...
  17. F

Thank you. I did use a file and wire brush to clean the metal surfaces under the stainless brake shoe attachment slide area. So far looks good, but working in the cold (25 degrees f) the greases are like tar lol. Finished fronts tonight will complete the rears tomorrow.
  18. F

Thank you sir. Not sure why to keep grease from stainless to cast iron contact...I am a marine mechanic and unlike metals are always a huge issue where loctite or a material to prevent seizing is a must.
  19. F

So you think I should leave it over the SIL-GLYDE???
  20. F

This was all i could find from 3 sources. I wanted the Sil Lube, but all I could find was this: http://www.permatex.com/products-2/product-categories/lubricants/specialty-lubricants-brakes/permatex-ceramic-extreme-brake-parts-lubricant-detail I hope this is sufficient and does not cause pins...
  21. F

Thanks to the both of you and although my pins do not have rubber grommets but do have the protective rubber bellows or debris shield, I still do not have a clear answer. I just went to Oasis ford in Old Bridge NJ and they were helpful and tried to figure this out. the shop foreman eventually...
  22. F

I had my brakes done at a local Ford dealership a few years ago when they had a sale. I am now doing the brakes myself to save some money. I noticed when i removed the caliper slide pins that one pin had notches on the top and machined flat spots running the full length of the pin. The other pin...
  23. F

Traction control

Thanks for this reply. I have a mechanical issue, but this manual is very good.
  24. F

Traction control

Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue? I have the same going on with ABS/TC lights coming on. I have other posts in different areas about my complete issue. You search my name you will see them here.
  25. F

2007 Explorer XLT ABS ISSUE, DESPERATE!!

I am having a very similar problem with my 2007 Explorer V8 Limited. Mine came up with the right rear sensor and rear center circuit input failure.(There is no center sensor on our vehicles) I replaced all 4 sensors with genuine Motorcraft parts to no avail. The lights would just come back soon...
Back