Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

The best Shocks for smooth driving

:( REPLY to an OLD post! I have monroes now and they are getting noisy after 20,000 miles of michigan driving. I live near Detroit and our roads are horrible. I "skid-jump" all the time. I hear creaking now when almost stopped or taking off (when the shock flexes) Driving on Michigan...
  2. D

How to replace upper intake manifold gaskets

Same problem I have the same problem. After replacing the maf it runs better but still throws those same two codes. Im going to have to do these gaskets but mine is a 98 4.0 ohv with egr any recommendations for getting that egr tube off without removing the while tube ?
  3. D

Oil Sending Unit

osu sometimes when my 98 is cold the oil pressure gauge will read lower than norm. and sometimes twitch a little until it warms and it will read normal again. or ill turn the truck off and back on and it will be fine. the engine in mine is fine too. so i think your osu might be bad because if...
  4. D

Headlight question

I have the same problem. My drivers light will be dim, and the bright light indicator light on the dash will be slightly on and dim. A couple of minutes into driving it usually goes bright again.... I need to check my connectors and see whats going on. When I get out of my truck I always lift...
  5. D

*Sniff sniff*. Is that gasoline I smell?

I have a strong smell coming from my gas cap. I have replaced the gas cap. and the evap canisters (they were leaking and making the smell worse) and I still have the smell. I had the pressure tested and its good. Im thinking its the filler neck? It is mighty rusty. Think replacing it will work?
  6. D

hard turning in 4wd

My ex's auto 4wd function was acting up. Turning the trucks front wheels on when they shouldn't be. And when i turn it would make noise and bind. it was a loud ere noise, and i couldn't do anything about it because the computer was turning the the front wheels on. i would just have to keep...
  7. D

Comment by 'djsonixx' in media 'bed liner 31'

Hell yeah! Say no to rust. Thanks for the tutorial. This summer I will write a tutorial for dissembling a 98 Explorer sport. A few things are different. on the newer models. But thanks for the Great idea!
  8. D

Removing Interior Get To Trans Access Plate

Nice Post, but what size exactly is the Torx bit? Thanks.
  9. D

Rocker Panel Molding

it looks pretty cool
  10. D

1992 Explorer xlt 4x4 engine knocks at start up

I hear the clatter when I start up in the morning as well. Its very brief maybe 5-10 seconds at most. I always thought it was the oil returning to the heads as well. Nothing to worry about as long as the clutter goes away fairly quickly after startup.
  11. D

Spark knock - detonation - pinging - 94 4.0L

Hey thanks man, for the longest time my ex was pulling a code for the MAF, then one day it just went off and never came back on. Even though sometimes when Im idle it cuts out, and when i cold start I have spark knock for a split second. I'm going to go get some cleaner tomorrow and make a...
  12. D

Factory Subwoofer specifications

Search "Stock sub replacement" Ive seen threads on people successfully changing the stock subs to MTX Pioneer JBL and so on...
  13. D

Rocker Panel Molding

Ive never seen the style of the white ex up there. Rockers but no flares?
  14. D

Blend Door Actuator Not Working

I picked an actuator up from the scrap yard today, I didnt have the chance to install it in my ex yet, but i checked to see if it worked and it does. I got it out of a 99. Ill update yall when i put it in.
  15. D

Do you puddle lights come on with your dome light?

I'll check this on my 98 tomorrow, and report back.
  16. D

dome light doesnt come on when door opened

I see that this is a fairly old post. But I'm having the same problem. I plan on pulling my door panel tomorrow to fix a lock spring problem, after doing that I'm gonna take a look at the switch on the latch, If I come up with a solution ill post.
  17. D

Blend Door Actuator Not Working

Im having the same problem with my actuator, stuck on heat unless my ac is on max. I dont have digital heat controls tho. Any idea how to test the actuator with analog heat controls?
  18. D

98 Explorer will not start if not driven for a few days

Mine sometimes does the same thing, when I turn the key it jus keeps cranking. and i have to try it a few times then it starts and runs great. Any ideas on what it could be? My battery and alt are fine.
  19. D

Why does my X have gas???

toot my 98 x sport does this too wtf! Pepto Carsmal!
  20. D

EVAP problems?pressure relese from gas cap

Farting gas cap. hey man im having the same problem on my 98 X sport. I get the farting cap but show no idle problems. could you put what u did in more detail? id appreciate it.
  21. D

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

137,x.. Strong like bull! LOL
  22. D

How to: Fog Lights with Parking Lights

oh their 45 watt? well wires to the lights im using and the stock wires are really close in guage they might be one off. think ill be ok? lol i just dont want a short or fire lol considerin my fuse is 15 like the aftermarket i hope the fise would pop before something would happen
  23. D

did u wire them using all stock wires?
  24. D

after market fog lamps with all stock wiring Hey thanks for the info taxx im going to do that tomorrow, but right now i gots a question for you all. this is my first post yay me lol. But my question is. Today i bought some Pilot PL-1056 55 watt halogen fog lamps, and the wire they gave me...
Back