Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

sqeaking in suspension when going over bumps

i know i need new bushing, and ball joints, but ever single bump i hit in the road, my suspension squeaks, it comes from both front and rear, and ive been noticing it more now. does anyone know if its something else besides the ball joints and bushings and if its going to be a major or minor fix?
  2. 9

Hello from So Cal

Welcome Im from Southern Cali also, Sandy Eggo.
  3. 9

steering shake after repalcing brakes

corkey, thank you for that, i did have to turn them to get to the caliper bracket. but the shacken stopped, redid the bearing nut, and retightened, drove it on he freeway,, and no problems. but noticed that a weight for my driver front tire had some how come off, so im going to take it to get...
  4. 9

no, i left the tires in the same location as they were. and ill check the bearing tomorrow after work, but they were repacked and put in all the way. im not driving it until i know it drives right and doesnt shake. would the bearing be too loose, or need to be replaced? cause they all looked...
  5. 9

replaced both front and rear rotors and pads on my explorer today. test drove it afterwards and everything felt fine. on my drive home though, i got this violent shaking in my steering wheel. not sure what caused it, would it be lugs not tightened all the way?, hub nut too loose/tight?, or...
  6. 9

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

im down to join, but itll take a while to be fully prepared with the way gas prices are in san diego, prolly the most expensive area in the US. ill take zapv 619, and start saving up for setting my exploder up for zombies.
  7. 9

How long does the Explorer live?

162085/15/10805.7 a year
  8. 9

rear brake rotor replacement

and also, aside from the brakes, if i remove the ford security system box under the dash, would it cause any major problems, i dont have a remote to disengage my alarm, so after like 3 minuts of the ignition being turned off, and in acc, it engages. the horn was diconnected before i got my...
  9. 9

c.mike: i think this will be the first time in 162400 miles. mcnulty6807: thank you for the info, i looked it up online and said it would be easier to take to a shop but i dont want to pay for time and service. jremington59: im pretty sure my shoes are gone too, its been driven with the...
  10. 9

i need to replace both my front and rear rotors on my 95 explorer, and i'm not sure on the simplicity of the rear rotor removal and installation, and how long it'll take. if you have any input/info, let me know. thanks.
  11. 9

temp gauge

so i took my explorer in for the speed control recall, and shortly after i got that repaired, my temp gauge shoots all the way up, but it will be like 2 minutes after being started. and i know there is no way its that hot already. but then like 30 seconds later it goes back down to where it...
  12. 9

What engine do I have?

i have that stupid tick. it bugs me so much. and mine is a year older than yours.
  13. 9

What engine do I have?

is it the 3.0 or 4.0? it is most likely the over head valve (ohv)
  14. 9

parts for a 95 explorer

alright cool, thanks, ill try those too
  15. 9

parts for a 95 explorer

i was going to, but im trying to see where else. im planning on calling autozone, kragen/oreilly, and carquest to get price quotes on everything i need
  16. 9

parts for a 95 explorer

its 2wd
  17. 9

parts for a 95 explorer

yesterday i went and got new tires on my explorer, and they told me they couldnt do an alignment because of frame damage, when they had me come out to look at the problem areas, it was just bushings and ball joints in the front suspension. but for taking it in to a repair shop just for the front...
Back