Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Exhaust Options for the Sport

Niiice...that is actually the sound I was looking for but unfortunately we had to move on to another vehicle
  2. B

Windows stutter...

We "had" a 2014 Explorer Sport that we unfortunately got rid of a week ago due to numerous quality issues (detailed in my earlier post). The window chatter is not a motor issue...the window motor is fine...it's the track or something in the door getting caught up, either way the dealer/s...
  3. B

Higher Mileage 2013-2014 Explorer Sports

Thanks Crystal we appreciate that.
  4. B

No...on the pre-36k list along with the dash rattle
  5. B

Just wanted to see what folks have for mileage (particularly higher mileage) and if they've had any issues to date. We have a 2014 with 26,000 miles and other than a little electric window shutter and a rattle in the driver's side dash it's been great.
  6. B

PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport

Mike, Did anyone ever do a pre/post downpipe dyno?
  7. B

Agree...I was disappointed when I talked to the folks at Borla that they would not be making a system for the Sport.
  8. B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9wq6Zn83xM
  9. B

I've seen two new exhaust videos for exhaust...one was MDesign and one was custom (brand?), are there any others out there I've missed?
  10. B

New guy here with '14 Ingot Silver Sport with an itch for some mods

the stance of the vehicle is awesome now...handling is definitely improved...ride quality is the same not harsh at all...would a set of koni's or bilsteins improve it further of course
  11. B

It's my wife's daily driver too and she loves it. Where the Sport really shines is on road trips (just made our 3rd one from Virginia to Mass, first with the H&Rs installed) where you can pack a ton of stuff into it, get decent gas mileage, and keep up with most things on the road ;-)
  12. B

It'll be interesting to see your thoughts on the Sport in comparison although it's apples to oranges
  13. B

Lowering the Explorer

Like any lowering springs yes...you shouldn't have any issues with the stock ride height...might just need to pull in and out on an angle...I'm not concerned with the ride height...the purpose of my post was to get feedback from folks that already lowered their sports to see if they had issues...
  14. B

Lowering the Explorer

Thanks for the feedback...just want to make sure my wife will be happy with them
  15. B

Lowering the Explorer

Question for H&R Spring lowered Sports Unless I missed the answer in one of the many threads, has anyone had any issues with the stock Explorer Sport shocks with H&Rs (Sport specific) suspension travel issues etc. I'm finally getting around to installing them and I want to make sure since it's...
  16. B

PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport

I'd be interested to see the gains with the catted downpipe and stock exhaust and with/without a tune
  17. B

Custom Tuned the XSport yesterday

Glad to see it's out... Boostking, Any power numbers?
  18. B

Exactly...it's a 6 cylinder not a 4...there are a ton of great sounding 6 cylinders...all the german 6's sound great...c'mon Ford!
  19. B

Definitely interested to hear them...I've listened to every clip I can find for the SHO and the F-150 but even they sound different of course...for the F-150 I like the S-type and for the SHO I think this clip sounds good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1yvDOAODMo
  20. B

unfortunately may have to go that route...there is a well known custom guy here in VA also
  21. B

Is anyone aware of any catback options other than the Corsa and the Magnaflow for the Sport? I like how the Borla sounds on the SHO and the F-150 but when I spoke to them they said they had no intention of putting out a system for the Sport. My understanding is Stainless Works is supposed to...
  22. B

Lowering the Explorer

Funny but Tire Rack actually called me after I ordered to see if I was ok waiting until Apr to receive them...I guess they got a shipment in...not sure why they came so quick
  23. B

Lowering the Explorer

Looks fantastic...just got our H&Rs in last week...hopefully we can get them installed soon. -Brian
  24. B

VA Shop Recommendations?

Thanks, that's one of the places I saw when I was searching around...just wanted to know if there was any place that someone had taken their Explorer
Back