Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ford to pay owners after class action suit

Ford has been ordered to pay owners who purchased or leased 1990-2001 Ford Explorers. The cirtificate ranged from 500 toward the purchase of another X or 300 towards the purchase of another make/model. Here is the link...
  2. S

98 5.0 AWD.... what can I safely tow

Thanks for the info. If I thought I could have pulled our trailer safely, I would still have our X. :(
  3. S

how big and how heavy is your trailer?
  4. S

Its time to say Goodby

Yes, I love the PS. I get just a bit better MPG than I did with my X that weighed 3700lbs lighter. It pulls like no tomorrow. Yes, diesel is more expensive here as well due to the recent reformulation to ULSD. Veggie oil is not good for the injectors, so thats out. I still would tow with...
  5. S

Its time to say Goodby

I still visit and hang out!
  6. S

Its time to say Goodby

This has been a great forum. Its been nearly four years since I discovered this site. I never intended to sell it but I bought a 30' 6,000 lb (loaded) travel trailer. After great debating and researching I decided it was in my best interest, and those sharing the road, that I use a more...
  7. S

thanks KB, I am aware of the issues with the 6.0. My father-in-law works at the ford dealership we got it from. They have always taken care of us and did when we bought it. This was a nice used F250 with only 10k miles. It will take me quite a while to brake it in.
  8. S

Well folks... in the name of caution, family safety, and the lack of a real truck bed, I bought a 2004 F-250 crew cab power stroke diesel 4X4. Its something that we have wanted for a while. Now I don’t have to worry much about have the stability or power for my travel trailer. While I could...
  9. S

Well... I did a lot of searching regarding towing trailers with the X. A few bad stories and a lot of "dont even think about it" rants. Several folks have said that they have towed fine with the X. I think a lot of it depends on the shape, weight, height, and width. I have an appointment to...
  10. S

rear diff oil and towing

Thanks for the input. The 75-140 was synthetic as well... but if the current stuff will do the job I dont want to change it.
  11. S

rear diff oil and towing

A couple years ago I changed the rear diff fluid to Redline synthetic 75-90. Now that Im going to be towing about 5,000+ lbs. Im thinking of putting the 75-140 back in. I just dont want to do something that I dont have to do. Anyone tow with the lighter gear oil? I have the 5.0 AWD 3.73...
  12. S

Thanks guys I plan on running a trans temp gage and will be checking the brakes. I finally bought a trailer. Its a used 2004 25 foot Surf Side with a small pop-out. The best thing is it weighs 3900 lbs. It dosnt even look used. I may not be speedy up the grades but I think Ill...
  13. S

Thanks Mountaneergree I will look for the square hitch... dont care about looks as much as functionality and safety. Jayco's are nice. We looked at them too. Hard to find a floor plan I want and stay near my weight range. You have been a great help. Thanks! -Rob
  14. S

Thats a nice pic. Thanks for the input. I am looking at buying a 23 foot Wildwood by Forest River. Its 4300 dry (4100 manufacture rated). Do you take yours up grades? I dont plan on exceeding 60 either. I am getting an estimate for a brake controller, easy-lift hitch, and sway bars. Ill...
  15. S

Thanks. I did see those. Looking for more input for high elevation. They say to decrease max trailer load by 2 percent for every 1000 feet. I would like to drive to the 7-8k foot elevation.
  16. S

I know its rated at 6460 lbs for max trailer weight, but that seems too much for this little thing. What are your experiences and how much was too much? I will be getting a travel trailer soon and would like an idea on what I can get. I will be taking this up into the mountains. I did...
  17. S

My custom air-intake setup for 2nd Gen 5.0 V8

Interesting. Ill have to look on BITOG to see how the silicon looks in UOA's.
  18. S

Custom intake just built for the 5.0

From December! Wake me from the dead, will you. :eek: I posted over on your thread. Looks way better than mine, although I was going for the cheep do-it-yourself, not professional wizbang high speed low drag. Very nice :thumbsup:
  19. S

My custom air-intake setup for 2nd Gen 5.0 V8

You did a nice job. Looks very clean.
  20. S

My first code: P1120

Where were the experts :( ?... anyway, this is for those that get this code, run a search (like I did), and would like to know how to fix. Step 1- replace TPS sensor Step 2- help someone out if they ever post the same code :p This made the truck run so much better. It was a slow...
  21. S

My first code: P1120

I did a search and only found two threads. Both threads pointed to the TPS but none showed the outcome. Any of you folks run into this one? It says "Fuel Air Metering" Im going to check the wiring to make sure its not bad. Thanks, Rob
  22. S

Front diff bearing failure ??

That front drive shaft will fail before your diff and its easier to replace.
  23. S

Shock Recommendations

I have had my Edelbrocks for over 5 years now. I have taken them off road and they are OK at best. The Edelbrocks just love to obsorb sand whips at high speed. Otherwise its quite jarring.
  24. S

5.0 intake and cat back system

Here is what I did with my intake. No need to spend that much money for performance gains. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148925
  25. S

decipering a code/gas mpg going down

This looks like the sensor just after the cat. Either your cat is plugged or you have a bad O2 sensor. You can tell which one is bad by switching the sensors if they have equal length wires. If it runs the same code then you need to replace the cat. If it follows the sensor then you have a...
Back