Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

i cant pass smog

thanks for all the help and suggestions. i think i will go talk to my machine shop and my cam grinder. hopefully i get this thing figured out soon:D
  2. V

i cant pass smog

i can confidently say that the cam and the bearings were installed properly. as for the cam, i really couldnt say just because this is the first cam that i have taken to Ruben's Racing Cams. sadly, yes i do realize that it may not be able to get it smogged. my temp is great...back in 91 when...
  3. V

i cant pass smog

yes all the smog components are there yes the headers are ca legal and yes the thermostat is a stock one...i think...i'll have check on that your right about the computer but i have been a little afraid of running it just in case it is not just the computer and i might be damaging the...
  4. V

i cant pass smog

ok i hope i hit on every question. the mods i did were: bored out 30 over, performance cam, and headers by falls flat i mean it gets to a certain rpm and it feel like i am trying to pull a giant parachute behind the vehicle the cam that i have is...gross lift at cam intake 335 exhaust...
  5. V

i cant pass smog

ya it did cross my mind but i think there was a misunderstanding between me and the guy that reground my cam...i think that he thought this was going to be a toy that i towed everywhere. im on the placentia/Anaheim border near orangethorp and kreamer
  6. V

i cant pass smog

i have a first gen 4x4 eddie bauer explorer and i have done a few modifications to it. i probably messed up by getting a cam that was too radical. i live in CA so the laws are even more restricting as to what i can do to my car. i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to get this...
  7. V

need people with experience with performance pcm modifications

hi everyone, im a young guy and have very little experience with performance off-roading vehicles. i need some help figuring out what type of performance pcm modifications to do. my suv is a 1991 explorer eddie bauer 4dr 4wd. the modifications that i have done so far are headers, performance...
  8. V

off-roading tires

i checked out that site and there are 2 M/Ts in the size i need...the M/T (c) and the M/T (P)...what is the difference and is it worth it to get their "kedge grip" on it?
  9. V

off-roading tires

i appreciate the info tbars :)
  10. V

Rebuilding my motor

well i can tell you what i did to mine to maybe give you some idea of what you might like to do. i bored it to .30 over, racing cam, headers(relativly cheap horsepower), and i plan on getting a jet moduel for it as well. i have it on good authority that you probably dont want to go too crazy...
  11. V

off-roading tires

wow thx...that is a price im willing to pay aswell...btw i got stuck in big bear with my dad. we were in a ford f-150 that wasnt 4 wheel drive and we had no business driving down this road in a truck that wasnt a 4 wheel drive lol
  12. V

off-roading tires

thanks maniak, that was very helpful. i hope to hit glamis as well just to help get a feel for my suv before i take it hunting. the high desert where i go is pretty unpredictable during the winter(sometimes there is ice, snow, water, mud, etc. hence the need for a good tire). i appreciate the...
  13. V

off-roading tires

ok i will elaborate...im making this explorer my hunting rig and it will be going through mud, snow(every now and then), and most of the time it will just be on rocky dirt roads. i guess this would describe an all-terrain tire...the size i need is 235/75r15. basically i want a dependable tire...
  14. V

off-roading tires

im probably going to need new tires soon and i was wondering if anyone knew a good off-roading tire. im looking for a LT tire preferably around $100 thanks
Back