Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Money pit strikes again.

So I did a search and came up with only a few threads, and no answers. This is what's going on now. 02 Explorer xlt, 4.0 engine (recently swapped for new timing cassettes), rebuilt transmission, new suspension, new wheels, new tires, and the rear end was rebuilt a couple of years ago. So...
  2. D

2002 Ford Explorer XLT with a flashing O/D light.

Thank you Mike, there is apparently more to what is going on than just the servo pack. Once again in the shop.
  3. D

2002 Ford Explorer XLT with a flashing O/D light.

Do you still have the pdf files for the servo replacement? If so, I would love to have a copy. Pat
  4. D

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

So the brown wire on the right hand side of the TCM is the wire that I'm looking for? Do you happen to know, when the wire is cut, which end is going to be hot? The side going towards the center of the Explorer, or the end coming out of the TCM? And thank you Joe for lining this out.
  5. D

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

Well I have read every post on the infamous Brown Wire Mod, and I'm still as confused as ever. I have checked on replacing the Traction Control Module, but at $280.00, I think I'll pass. I want to do the mod to save time, trouble, and money, but have some questions. On the TCM behind the...
  6. D

The aftermath

I believe that is what had to happen. Since it's been running it has returned to normal. Now to recharge the AC.
  7. D

The aftermath

Thank you TestPoint for your response. When it was parked two years ago (yeah it's been a long process), fluid levels were fine. The PS pump was just unbolted from the engine, and set to the side with no hoses being detached. Since we got it back up and running, I have had to add fluid, which...
  8. D

The aftermath

Here's some questions for all, but first some background. 2002 Explorer XLT 4.0, just finished swapping engines due to the dreaded death rattle of the timing chains. It has taken some time to get the whole proceedure done, basically because of schedules, parts, money, you name it. So the...
  9. D

Replacing Shocks... 2002 XLT.

So just to make sure that I am getting this straight, the cartridges for the coil over/strut/shocks, can be replaced separately? I have been reading up on this, and getting conflicting information. The coils on mine have already been replaced due to the originals snapping, so I only need the...
  10. D

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

Sorry guys, got turned around on what I was looking at. Post #5 , top picture, the small chain that goes from the crank gear and down to the left. Not sure what that would be.
  11. D

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

Ok, have a couple of questions since I'm facing this problem right now. The engine is out, but we can not get the balancer to break loose. The puller is breaking bolts trying to get it to break free. With this being headache number one. The second is that when it was parked, the tensioner...
  12. D

Death rattle question.

I did some searching and didn't find anything, so any help would be appreciated. I am gearing up to pull the engine out of my 3rd Gen, and replace the timing chains. While looking up parts, I stumbled upon this question. How do I know if I have the engine with the balance shaft, or the one...
  13. D

Timing chain replacement

Thank you RB142. Has anybody else had any luck with the Cloyes set? Or how about any of the other sets that are out there?
  14. D

Timing chain replacement

I know that there have been endless threads posted regarding the death rattle of the 4.0 timing chains and tensioners. I have not however found this question. After looking up numerous parts and prices for the replacements, and seeing prices from $120.00 to $550.00, what parts and what parts...
  15. D

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

02 Door Ajar issue To everybody that posted for this issue, I say thank you. It was really helpful in replacing the sensor. I have WD40'd the crap out of every door, back glass, and liftgate. I have replaced the driver side sensor since it seemed to be giving me the fits. Here is what I...
Back