Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Are you comfortable taking your Ford truck to a Ford service center?

I will only deal with Ford service if I absolutely have to for warranty work. It usually takes at least two visits to get the repairs done correctly, if they're done at all. You "guys" at least have the possibility of being taken seriously when you take the vehicle in - half the time they just...
  2. C

BIG Dealer changes...

Isn't it too bad that some bad dealerships and customer service turn people away from Ford? They've got some great vehicles. I know several people who would never own another Ford because of the customer service they received. I drive 15 miles if I have to use a dealership because the TWO...
  3. C

New A4LD problem??

Well, I need some big help here. My truck is back at the transmission shop AGAIN - and this time the guy is totally stumped. Every time I back out of the driveway it won't go into drive without moving the shifter through all of the gears several times. I've tried stopping part way down the...
  4. C

2001 4door explorer

Yeah - I know. I guess what I was trying to say was that I like the 2001 Sport styling but I'm not crazy about the 2001 4 door styling. Maybe it just has to grow on you. Once I see the "real" thing I might like it more. Seems like people around here are waiting for the 2001; got some great...
  5. C

2001 4door explorer

Thanks for the info on the 2001 vs 2000. I'm considering a new Explorer and had been wondering about whether I should wait for a 2001. Probably not. Not crazy about the look anyway. It doesn't look bad in the Sport but loses something in the 4-door. ------------------ Rick & Cheryl J. '94...
  6. C

Rough idle on warm restart

Well, if the fix ends up being that easy, I'm going to scream! Love to try it right now but the (*&&^%$ transmission went out again and its at the shop! I may have been premature in my praise of the transmission guy in an earlier thread... I will definitely check the hoses though. Probably...
  7. C

Well, the carbon flush apparently didn't work. The problem is still there. Next possibility might be the o2 sensor. Anybody got any other ideas?? This really getting on my nerves! It's embarassing too - a great looking truck that runs like an old tractor isn't very impressive...
  8. C

Well, we ran some carbon flush through my truck last night. Smoked the neighborhood up pretty good today but it did seem to help. Hopefully this is the end of it for awhile! ------------------ Rick & Cheryl J. '94 XLT 4x4 Custom 2" lift, Rancho 5000s Borla exhaust, over-size sway bars More to...
  9. C

Advice on putting in a rebuilt tranny '94 XLT

Tommy2000 - I spent $1,300 on mine, total parts, labor, tax and everything. No idea if that was good for this area or not - I was desperate and he had come highly recommended. The place is Boeser Transmission in Savage. He definitely knows the A4LD now! He warrantees for 12 mos/12,000 miles...
  10. C

OPEC Gives in!....Well sort of...

I agree - we are slaves to OPEC and we definitely can't complain about it. We make the choices of the vehicles we drive and if we have to pay more to feed them we just have to accept that. Alternative fuel sources are the future and I hope I'm around to see them. I was accosted in a parking...
  11. C

HELP! Cleaned the MAF sensor and no improvement. I noticed tonight that the volt gauge was fluctuating while it was sputtering. Never noticed that before. I did have a one-year old battery go bad a couple of weeks ago and now the new one seems to be weakening. Could they be related? I kind...
  12. C

Advice on putting in a rebuilt tranny '94 XLT

I agree with REDDOG - the Ford rebuilt transmissions can be bad news. I had a Ford rebuilt put in mine in January. Six weeks and two more rebuilts later the tranny guy finally rebuilt one himself and put it in. Works great now. Since he had warranteed the first one for one year he did all of...
  13. C

When I restart my truck within 10-20 minutes of shutting it off, I get a really rough idle. It only happens after driving long enough to get completely warmed up. The sooner it is restarted, the rougher the idle. (With the Borla exhaust, it sounds kind of like a street-rod loping along but...
  14. C

Rate your exhaust system

We've got a Borla cat-back system that's pretty cool. Definitely not as good as the rumble you can get out of a V8 but much better than stock. And lot's of fun to romp on at stop lights and watch people try to figure out where it's coming from! A buggered-up throttle position sensor gives it...
  15. C

Beginners questions

We were thinking the Tuttle Creek get-together might work but we're going to be on our way to Florida that weekend and it would be a little out of the way. Besides, we'll have the wrong vehicle: Rick's new 2000 F350 Super Duty! It's a 4x4 but not ready for off-roading yet. We'd definitely...
  16. C

Rick&Cheryl, Bloomington, MN

'94 XLT 4x4 Custom 2" lift Rancho 5000 shocks Variable rate front coils Borla exhaust Over-size swaybars rcjohnson1@uswest.net
  17. C

Beginners questions

We'd love to to join in something like the Moab trip in May but we're beginners to this and have alot of questions. Since this seems to be the place to get them answered, here we go! First, what's the best way to get started with something like this? Our Explorer isn't really stock anymore...
  18. C

Shock question

Jason - we've been really happy with the Rancho 5000s on our '94. Our truck sees mostly highway right now, not much offroad yet. Dead Link Removed Just make sure you get the right size if you're going to do a lift.
  19. C

Rancho shocks on '94 with lift

Not long after we purchased our '94 4x4 we put Rancho 5000s front and back because the stock shocks were not cutting it, even for highway driving. When we added the 2" lift a couple of years ago, we figured the Ranchos would be ok. A few weeks ago we noticed a problem with a front shocks and...
  20. C

radius arm bushings

Well, the job is done! New right radius arm (since we already had it - Rick's going to fix the shock mount on the old one and keep it for a spare), new poly bushings on both sides, and new Rancho shocks. Total time was about 5 hours, in a heated shop. Not bad for the first attempt. Rick...
  21. C

radius arm bushings

Well the definitely sounds better than replacing the radius arm! We'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
  22. C

radius arm bushings

Yeah, we've done some more looking around on the site and it sounds like poly is the way to go. Should be an interesting day tomorrow!!
  23. C

radius arm bushings

Thanks for the info. Love this sight, just wish we'd had access to it a couple of years ago! Would have made some things a little easier!! My profile should be updated now so you can see the details on our truck. So what's the consensus on the bushings? Is it best to go with polyurethane or...
  24. C

radius arm bushings

Does anybody know anything about a Ford recall on radius arm bushings? Mine are shot and we're looking to replace them. We have to replace the right radius arm due to broken shock bolt. When we ordered the radius arm and the bushings we were told of a possible recall. Checked the Ford...
Back