Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Info On Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)

Sorry for not getting back to this post earlier....... I didnt have to do a thing. Got PO'd....went inside and called it a day. Two days later I got in and PRESTO!!!!! no tire extremely low....but still got the spare tire low(again dont care....no constant dinging). Will eventually get...
  2. C

Info On Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)

2003 Aviator here...same basic system. I think. I did the three run, brake(and e-brake), three run, and got it into "training mode". Took a fairly strong tweeter magnet(peerless soft dome), and followed the dashboard instructions, train LF, train RF, train RR, train LR, and train spare(all in...
  3. C

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Aviator Does anyone know if the 2003 Aviator has the filter in the same location?
  4. C

The everything Aviator thread.

...and again....lol Well after looking a boring and depressing engine failure causes, I decided to look at some wheels to make me wanna keep my Avi...lol....seems logical to me....no? Anyway Micha.... What size tires are you running on those rims? Do you have any other specs on the...
  5. C

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkkk Would love to see some pics of your Avi with the SVTwheels. I too have the tire pressure problem on one wheel and chrome wheels....have just been refilling every week or so, but I know its hard on the tire. Really want to get some 20"s too......and even lower it an inch...
  6. C

Any way to improve the subwoofer on Audiophile?

yeah....its around here somewhere...pretty sure you have to pull most of the outer panels off to get to it. in fact im sure there are a few good threads with pics, might have to hodge podge them together to get a "full write up", but a some good pics should get you far enough if you are going...
  7. C

jealous? yeah....as much of a pain these things can be, not to mention the horrible gas mileage....they are a fantastic ride. Just wish they had the stock airride like the other lincolns....some love it, some hate it.....but riding on air is definitely "smooth"....i love the ride of my...
  8. C

Interesting idea....i think i might a COP or two going out, have to start researching this..... I had an unfortunate update on my Avi....trans gave it up. Got it rebuilt right though I think(so far so good). Found a local guy who does alot with MkVIII's(has one with a "built" Lightning...
  9. C

so....the ultimate question.....whats the total from front to back(metal to plastic)without the enclosure(i'll do a custom box)? It looks like one could gain another quarter inch in the material behind the enclosure(covering the metal)? Maybe "massage" another quarter into the metal? It looks...
  10. C

Thanks for the info, guess I'll just have to have a back up sub....lol. Still want to go with a ten though...dont mind the custom work to squeeze out a little more airspace. Plus I already have the subs....I'm kind of a collector....:)
  11. C

Looking for info on a dual woofer setup... Sorry to pull up an old thread, but this has some great info and pictures in it, so hopefully some of the original posters can chime in. First of I have an '03 Aviator.....have the stock sub on one side(I think....lol..havent had it that long, and...
  12. C

Nice to know we're not stuck with the usual odd Lincoln bolt pattern.....lots of options now!!! I'll concur on no engine light and bad/intermittent COPs....had three go before the engine light came on in my mkviii. i was quite surprised with the power increase with all eight cylinders...
  13. C

Do you have a vehicle list of bolt patterns for fomoco vehicles? Those are great references to have and I would really appreciate a copy if available. Thanks.... Nate
  14. C

This post got me thinking.....what are the "stock/oem" rims that are available that will fit the Aviator? I assume that we have the same options as the X and the Monty. Any one have any pics or preferences of the wheels possibly available? It would be nice to have a set of "snow...
  15. C

No worries..... I have had my fair share of custom rims over the years..even as far back as when 15" rims were the biggest you could get....lol. Lately I have been into "stock custom" though. Like I had corvette rims on my old first gen s-10, Impala SS rims(94-96) on a Caprice Wagon with a...
  16. C

Thanks.... Came with brand new tires....and I really dont mind the rims, anything bigger would make the ride rougher(shorter sidewall)....and it already rides a bit rough for a Lincoln. This is strictly for highway/commute anyway....AWD is for our lovely Missouri winters..... Besides, I...
  17. C

Finally.....lousy cel phone pics....lol Alrighty.....got a few pics....battery dead for "good" camera....so you get cel phone pics....sorry. Yeah its dirty....needs a polish and a few more detailing peeves. Sorry....had to sneak in a few of my MKVIII.....ignore...
  18. C

Aftermarket huh? Might have to consider that once it has proven to be reliable(like to drive for a couple months before I start doing anything cosmetic or the like). From your list I have all options but the dvd/navigation, and obviously the RSC Roll......havent tried any AWD donuts as I dont...
  19. C

Thanks...now you got me jealous with the burl wood center...my 03 is just the silver plastic...... Oh well, much like when I got my MkVIII....I realized I would have more than one....My ideal MKVIII is a Silver LSC with tan interior....... What are the cool options for the Aviator(besides...
  20. C

Thank ya! Its so new I havent had a chance to take any pics....plus the wife has already "claimed" it, giving me my MKVIII back(I gave it to her to replace her Honda after I was laid off). So it might be the weekend before I can take any pics. Its bone stock.....TK exterior color code...I...
  21. C

Aviators UNITE! New 2003 Aviator owner here.....been a Lincoln guy for a while though. Also have a MarkVIII...love them both, but wish the Aviator had the air ride. Yeah I know.....more maintenance, more expensive, but man what a ride! I agree...we need to band together and share...
Back